Glasgow/Edinburgh(preferred), London, Bristol, Brighton, Cork
OWC is a dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a key part of developing and delivering offshore wind projects around the world.
OWC, an AqualisBraemar LOC company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialised and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. OWC’s core team possesses strong industry expertise which dates back to the first offshore wind farm development in the UK. Since then, the key members of the team have been involved in the majority of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, Asia and the US.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
OWC is looking for a senior or principal onshore civil engineer to deliver projects and packages across a range of consultancy services. You would work on key projects that are enabling the energy transition and will include managing smaller packages of consultancy work (e.g. market studies or a specific technical study) to taking on an onshore package manager role within one of our owner’s engineering projects. The successful candidate will have strong project management skills and knowledge of the onshore civil works which are required for an offshore wind farm. Experience working in offshore wind is not required though this will be an advantage and transferable skills from a related industry will be necessary. Responsibilities include:
- Representing OWC and building collaborative relationships with our clients
- Managing the development of the onshore civil engineering for offshore wind projects including:
- Substation siting
- Substation civil/structural design, from planning drawings to FEED level (working with our electrical team)
- Onshore cable routing
- Technical input to landowner negotiations
- Onshore ground investigations
- Site surveys/walkovers
- Management of OWC’s sub contractors
- Acting as a package manager within a larger project including delivering (on behalf of a client within an owner’s engineering package). Typically this would include complete technical project management of a package including design, construction and installation of a package (i.e. WTG, foundations or onshore) as well as procurement and contracting
- Mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Giving technical input to projects in your area of knowledge/expertise
- Producing high quality bids
We are open to a range of experience levels for this role – you might already be an experienced package manager or this might be a stretch role or new industry for you in which case we would provide mentoring and support as you gain confidence. Salary will vary depending on your skills and experience.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and experience required
- The successful candidate will have proven project management skills and be able to deliver scopes of work, including managing complex interfaces, whilst maintaining good relationships with clients and the supply chain. The successful candidate will:
- Be degree educated in engineering or a related field
- Have a successful track record in delivery of onshore civil works for the power industry
- Have strong relationship management skills
- Be a team player
- Understand the process of developing and constructing the onshore portion of an offshore wind farm (desired)
- Have highly transferable skills from a related industry (for those without offshore wind experience)
- Have excellent written and spoken English (other languages a benefit)
Why work for us
OWC want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to learn and progress quickly – we have implemented a system to ensure that everyone can achieve fast, on the job learning. A key part of this is ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to work on multiple projects with different developers, possibly in different countries. This allows you to learn about best practices from a range of different people and organizations quickly.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Contact and application
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link. Remember to attach your application and CV.
Who we are
AqualisBraemar LOC (ABL Group) is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).