Offshore Rig Inspections and Assurance
AqualisBraemar LOC Rig Inspection (RI) delivers a wide variety of rig inspection services, with a team of inspectors that has extensive industry experience, and in-depth knowledge across Drillships, DP semi-submersibles, moored semi-submersibles and jack-up rigs, ranging from traditional manual operated drilling rigs to the latest 7th generation cyber-based drilling rigs with complex integrated control management systems and dynamic positioning systems.
Our RI service is highly developed to be offshore environment-focused, de-risking the impact of rig operations as far as possible on local marine environments.
Comprehensive rig inspection and audit services
- Rig inspection and assurance
- Rig selection services
- New build delivery assurance service
- Focused rig equipment inspections:
- Well control equipment inspections
- API standard 53 compliance audits & gap analysis
- Cyber-based drilling equipment inspections
- Integrated control management system (ICMS) inspections and testing
- ROV inspection and assurance
- Drilling rig equipment factory acceptance testing (FAT) witnessing
Our inspection teams are Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) trained in the use of Drilling Equipment Systems, Well Control Equipment, DP systems as well as being IADC Well Control qualified.
AqualisBraemar LOC RI utilise multi-disciplined inspection teams comprising:
- Marine Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Electro Technical Engineers
- Subsea Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
Regulations and standards
Our inspection teams identify the appropriate regulations and standards based upon port of registry, local flag state regulations, equipment age, and applicable industry standards.
- Statutory flag state legislation
- International Maritime Organization (IMO) Modu Code
- IMO MARPOL regulations
- IMO COLREGS etc.
- Statutory Port State Regulations such as
- UK legislation PUWER, LOLER, PFEER, Safety Case Regulations & Oil & Gas UK.
- Norwegian NORSOK, NMD & NPD regulations
- USA Coastguard Regulations & BSEE regulations
- Classification Society Regulations
- Det Norske Veritas Germanischer Lloyd (DNV-GL) Classification Society
- American Bureau Shipping (ABS) Classification Society
- Lloyds Register Classification Society
- Industry Standards
- American Petroleum Industry (API) Standards, Specifications and Recommended Practices
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA).
- Marine Technology Society (MTS)
- Drops ForumEnergy Institute EI17 HPHT
Rig inspection and assurance process
Our RI can provide pre-drilling contract rig inspection assurance, where the rig’s regulatory compliance and equipment operability are verified. Detailed inspections of rig equipment and systems are conducted using the five-step assurance process:
- IDENTIFY equipment and systems to be audited, and the geographical location of operations
- REVIEW documentation for equipment and systems to check regulatory compliance
- INSPECT equipment and systems to check regulatory compliance
- FUNCTION test equipment to verify operability
- REPORT upon the findings from the previous steps
Where non-conformance recommendations (NCR) are identified, the rig inspector as your service partner will assist in identifying solutions to ensure correct and satisfactory closure of any NCR.
As each offshore drilling rig is unique, we offer bespoke rig acceptance programs developed with the intimate experience of rig intake process. These rig acceptance are engineered to deliver both practical and achievable test programs.
ABL RI uses the latest in video technology to document and record aspects of rig acceptance testing such as tubular handling, which can be used to support crew competency and identification of potential drilling time efficiencies.