Marine Casualty Management ⁄
Salvage & Wreck Removal
With our entrenched marine legacy in the Salvage Association, AqualisBraemar LOC maritime consultants have a unique appreciation of the importance of crisis management and the need for risk and cost mitigation throughout a salvage or wreck removal case. Prioritising the interests of our clients, combined with effective operational planning, integrated crisis and emergency response organisation is our single priority.
Our team includes Special Casualty Representatives (SCRs) appointed by the Lloyd’s of London SCR panel, salvage masters, naval architects, marine engineers, master mariners amongst other specialists in relevant engineering and marine disciplines.
Special Casualty Representatives (SCR)
AqualisBraemar LOC has 10 SCRs located in the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe, with expertise in a variety of SCOPIC (Special Compensation P&I Club) cases. Our SCRs are ready to be deployed as and when the SCOPIC clause is incorporated and invoked on the Lloyd’s Open Form contract, so as to independently represent all salved interests for the overall interest of the salvage operation.
Marine Salvage Consultancy Services
Emergency Response Services include:
- Crisis / Incident management
- Project planning and forecasting
- Emergency preparedness and planning using vessel modelling
- On-site representation during salvage operations
- SCR representation in LOF SCOPIC cases
- Naval architecture support
- Stability, strength and ground reaction calculations
- Tow line calculations
- Fire expertise
- Brokering of tugs
- Oil spill response and pollution mitigation
- Hazardous material handling
- Engineering services
Casualty Management Services include:
- Wreck inspection
- Salvage and wreck removal tender preparation, evaluation and negotiations
- Risk engineering
- Cost and time estimates
- Project planning and team coordination
- Equipment organisation / document coordination
- Project management for offshore removal projects
- Project management for wreck removal
- LNG STS operations
- Dispute and litigation support
Multi-disciplinary support for optimum delivery
Supported by in-house naval architects, master mariners, marine engineers, civil engineers, structural engineering, geotechnical specialists amongst others, ABL is able to provide expert consulting from the moment a casualty occurs through to successful completion of the salvage operation.
We work closely with the world’s leading salvage contractors, supporting them in carrying out the activities safely, efficiently and with minimal environmental impact, whilst helping to control cost.