Markets ⁄ Oil & Gas ⁄
In recent years, very large construction projects are being executed with worldwide procurement strategies requiring significant marine transportation campaigns to bring high-value items such as modules, pre-assembled units (PAUs), vessels, equipment and other materials from their place of fabrication/supply to the final site location. Such projects include multiple loadout, transportation and offloading operations occurring simultaneously in multiple locations. With our far-reaching global footprint and effective centralised global management systems, we have provided seamless MWS, marine assurance and risk, and engineering and consulting services to support onshore projects since the 1980s.
Our onshore development projects
AqualisBraemar LOC has a built up an established reputation amongst project operations, underwriters and brokers, as the leading MWS provider for large-scale onshore projects with global procurement, where marine transportation is involved.
From our first major project, Humber Refinery in the UK, where we acted as MWS to Conoco for their modernised and long lead cargo transport, to some of the largest projects in the energy industry to date from a CAPEX perspective, as MWS on Yamal LNG and Tengizchevroil (‘TCO’) FGP-WMPM – we have worked on some of the world’s most complex onshore projects, both logistically and technically.
Often with a centralised project management and technical document review structure based in one of our regional hubs, our global network of specialist consultants across more than 300 worldwide locations, means we are able to attend and support on site marine operations at multiple locations simultaneously, in a prompt and cost effective manner.
LNG, mining, petrochemical and power projects
Whilst a significant number of recent projects have been for the construction of LNG export facilities, we have also provided our services to petrochemical, mining and power projects, and for major civil infrastructure projects such as bridges, ports and harbour complexes.
As well as MWS, the wider ABL group offers a broad range of specialised capabilities in engineering and consulting, and marine assurance and risk, to provide all-round third-party support to a cargo transportation by sea or ocean, from early planning of the operation, right through to successful, safe and optimum delivery of the operation. Services include:
- Transport routing, design environment and operability studies, including passage simulations
- Layout and design of project-specific module offloading facilities, marine traffic management and navigation
- Loadout and offloading engineering, analysis and procedures
- Vessel suitability studies, inspections and audits
- Ballast plans, loading conditions, trim and stability for loadout and transportation operations
- Motions response analysis and design accelerations for transport
- Vessel/cargo interaction analysis
- Cargo stowage and securing, grillage and seafastening design
- Barge/vessel local and global strength checks
- Determination of tug bollard pull requirements, sizing and design of tow gear and tow connections
- Marine Warranty Survey