Hull & Machinery Claims
AqualisBraemar LOC offers a comprehensive Hull & Machinery (‘H&M’) service to ship owners, underwriters, brokers, law firms and other related parties. With technical experts in Hull & Machinery surveying and inspections worldwide, we investigate the cause, nature and extent of damage or failure, as well as offer accurate estimates of repair costs and duration, for all types of marine H&M claims.
Bringing together our unique mix of marine engineers, master mariners, naval architects and electrical engineers, we can quickly and efficiently respond to our clients’ H&M needs no matter where they are located.
Global, practical and pragmatic partner in hull and machinery claims
Managed from four central H&M hubs in London, New York, Dubai and Singapore, we offer local knowledge coupled with a truly global response to provide a service tailored to reduce the cost of the claim and of the casualty management.
With a focus on concise and targeted attendance and reporting, we are able to offer our clients the level of details suited to their needs and the type of casualty unfolding.
With a wealth of experience in both the maritime repair and salvage fields, we are able to offer practical advice in real time resulting in a genuine upfront saving to clients. Our understanding of the relationship at play within an insurance arrangement helps us to work effectively alongside underwriters, owners, repairers, salvors, adjusters, lawyers and brokers to best protect our clients’ interests whilst simultaneously ensuring those relationships continue to grow.
Experts in Hull & Machinery
Our hull & machinery expertise covers the following non-exhaustive list of services:
- Failure investigations
- Damage surveys
- Loss of hire surveys
- Advice on repair solutions and costs
- Third-party monitoring of repair contracts including preparation of specifications, bid documents, management and supervision
- Post repair review of repair accounts
- “Seaworthiness” investigations
- Loss prevention and condition warranty surveys
- JH143 Shipyard Risk Assessment Surveys
- JH2013/007 A, B, C and D, Hull & Machinery condition surveys
- JH / ITC and CEFOR / Nordic format reporting
Hull & Machinery systems expertise
Our surveyors have variously worked as chief engineers, superintendents and class surveyors, combining to provide advice and surveys on the following:
- Marine diesel engine and auxiliary machinery
- Steam plant, low pressure boilers, high pressure boilers and steam turbines
- Cargo systems incl. pumps, cranes, LNG / LPG systems and Ro-Ro rams and decks
- Low voltage and high voltage electrical plant
- Fire, flooding and grounding damage
- Repair methods and pricing
- Dry docking
- Structural surveys and steelwork
- All types of vessels