Client Reps & Secondments
AqualisBraemar LOC, through its OWC business, is a market leader in the provision of Offshore Client Representatives (OCRs). We have provided OCRs on over 20GW of offshore wind to date. Our services are used by the most experienced offshore wind developers in the sector, ensuring their projects are completed safely and effectively. OWC has a dedicated and highly experienced OCR management team who supply, manage, and support various OCRs for projects across Europe, Asia and North America. To support our OCR services, OWC has in-house staff with the experience and capabilities to undertake various roles requiring specific expertise for offshore oversight. In addition, OWC maintains an extensive network of well established, highly experienced offshore professionals, which can be accessed to support extensive efforts or to fulfil more specialised roles.
We combine exclusive access to additional resources and expertise maintained by the whole group, including global MWS and vessel inspection teams with a significant presence worldwide.
Offshore Client Reps
We have been performing vessel suitability works, offshore surveys and construction/ installation campaigns for over a decade and understand the technical and logistical challenges these entail.
The various OCRs/offshore professionals OWC can provide include but are not limited to:
- Geophysical OCRs
- Geotechnical OCRs
- Cable T&I OCRs
- Foundations T&I OCRs
- WTG T&I OCRs
- Vessel Inspectors
- Loadout reps
- Construction Supervisors
- Diving Professionals
Transport & Installation (T&I)
The T&I department within AqualisBraemar LOC has representatives worldwide. We provide unique solutions to complex marine operations from loadout and transportation to installation of high-value offshore assets.
Our OCRs can assist clients with:
- Inspection and Supervision
- Transportation Engineering
- Floatover Installation
- Jacket Floating Installation
- Jacket Launching and Lifting Installation
- Lifting Installation
- T&I Feasibility
We have a significant network of highly experienced cables, foundations, and WTG T&I OCRs – all of whom have undergone a rigorous interviewing process. This ensures that clients are provided with only the best professionals for their projects.
In addition to OCRs, we have been providing T&I Package Managers exclusively to some of Europe and Taiwan’s biggest developers.
Geophysical & Geotechnical Surveys
As an independent consultant we provide a balanced view of survey requirements, oversight and execution. We perform geophysical survey and geotechnical site investigation scoping, tender review and appraisal. We project manage operations and delivery and undertake vessel auditing.
We are experienced in site and shallow hazard surveys, rig positioning and installation surveys, debris and environmental surveys and other surveys to support engineering. We provide geophysical data QC, interpretation, laboratory test scheduling and review. We perform on-vessel client representation and can perform the role of party chief or site manager.
Combined with our expertise in Geotechnical and Geophysical Engineering we bring very good working relationships with some of the best Offshore Client Representatives (OCRs) in the industry, but our internal geotechnical engineering team have also acted as OCRs on various offshore wind campaigns and other offshore energy projects with high commendations.
Our key added value can be summarised as follows:
- Client Representatives offered from a highly experienced pool of internal and external resources with support from AqualisBraemar LOC’s office based geotechnical and management teams
- Extensive network of OCRs based across the globe, minimising travel times, meeting local resource requirements and reducing travel related carbon footprint
- OCR management and logistics teams located globally across timelines to help service and support offshore campaigns 24 hours a day in any time zone
- Experience with scoping, technical oversight and interpretation of offshore wind site investigation (SI) and geotechnical/ geophysical engineering projects worldwide
- Full compliance with clients’ technical and HSE requirements
- A track record of ensuring the highest standards of data acquisition and processing
- Clear and consistent communication with our OCRs, ensuring that ABL are constantly aware of upcoming logistics, SIMOPS, scheduling, port calls etc., which is fed back to the client immediately
Marine Warranty Surveyors (MWS)
The role of the MWS is to act for the insurance underwriter or self-insured client to ensure that risks associated with warranted operations are minimised to acceptable levels in accordance with industry standards and best practice. AqualisBraemar LOC has extensive experience acting as MWS for offshore projects globally.
Offshore renewables marine warranty services include the following operations:
- Suitability surveys for barges, tugs, structure (heavy lift) and cable lay installation vessels
- Loadout approvals of offshore foundations, structures, cables, and WTG components • Barge transportations and seafastening approvals
- Site-specific location approvals for jack-up installation vessels
- Approval of:
- installation engineering and procedures for foundations, topsides, and WTG components
- cable laying/burial procedures and equipment
- pull-in engineering and procedures
- towing, mooring and hook-up installations of fixed, tension-leg, and floating structures
AqualisBraemar LOC can offer marine warranty services on both fixed and floating wind projects. Our surveyors are accredited by the Society of Offshore Marine Warranty Surveyors. All activities are conducted in accordance with Joint Rig Committee guidance.
Our staff are also sought after for secondments into client projects. We can provide engineers and project managers for all roles in offshore wind projects. AqualisBraemar LOC group company OWC is able to provide project management service support through all stages of an offshore wind farm project. Our reputation is based on early involvement in projects:
- from the planning, design and engineering
- and then seeing our role expand to a project management service provider through the construction and installation
Our team of highly qualified and experienced experts can either:
- undertake a leading role and manage a project directly on behalf of an owner,
- or work as part of an integrated team with our client, managing specific packages of work and providing support and advice to all other areas of the project.
OWC offer the following secondments:
- Package Management such as WTG, Inter Array Cable, Foundation, Export Cable, Onshore Grid/electrical, Construction, T&I, Site Investigation (soil, wave, wind), Certification, Design)
- Technical contract negotiations
- Technical specification – ITT management & support
- Interface management
- Risk management