Marine Pre-Purchase Survey
A comprehensive and forensic pre-purchase survey is standard practice when considering the acquisition of any offshore asset, vessel, small craft or fleet. The pre-purchase survey offers a detailed independent overview of the condition of an asset ahead of purchase, with detailed breakdown of any defects or causes for concern.
ABL Group is highly experienced in supporting financial institutions, insurers and vessel owners in their risk assessment process ahead of a purchase, with technical due diligence and pre-purchase vessel surveys.
Comprehensive surveys and advanced technical perspective
Our extensive experience in marine and engineering consulting covers ship and offshore technical management, vessel design and naval architecture, offshore construction and transportation, marine operations and maintenance, as well as expertise in loss prevention, marine casualty management and associated litigation.
This broad experience enables us to bring to client teams a unique technical perspective in assessing offshore assets, their associated risks or current exposures, thus supporting Hold or Exit strategies pre-purchasing an asset or vessel.
Our pre-purchase surveys include, but are not limited to, inspection of the following aspects:
- Record searches
- Inspections of hull and machinery
- Equipment inspection and testing
- Management systems inspections and observance
- Certification inspection
Technical due diligence
- Pre-purchase vessel inspections
- Pre-charter vessel inspections and off-hire vessel surveys
- Desktop review – vessels, fleets, offshore assets, ports
- Condition assessment inspections
- Tailored valuations of assets
- Portfolio review and monitoring
- Environmental social governance (ESG) review
- Office audits/reviews
The services above can be used individually or as a package depending on the requirements of the specific case and the ultimate objective.