Offshore Wind Consultants is a young and dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a key part of winning work.
OWC, an ABL Group company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialized and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality, innovative and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back into the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
The consultant will be the in-country representative for geoscience-related affairs, supported by and as part of OWC’s global geoscience team. The consultant will lead the process of developing OWC’s local geoscience presence, which will involve business development and project management as well as technical project work. Technical work will include execution and delivery of geotechnical engineering and/or engineering geological input to work on USA-based projects as well as support and input to work on other global projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Generate and prospect leads by arranging meetings to present capabilities to clients, and attending conferences and seminars to establish business development leads. Maintain and growing existing client relationships.
- Follow up on geoscience-related leads to generate new work and prepare tenders and proposals with input from the global OWC team as required.
- Work as a technical specialist on project work to lead USA-based geoscience projects and deliver this project work with support from the global OWC team as required.
- Work as a technical specialist on overseas project work in support of project leads from other parts of the global OWC team.
- Represent OWC as a key domain expert, sharing knowledge and experience to support the wider development of competencies within OWC to enhance overall assignment execution to clients.
The candidate will be expected to maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work produced, while managing a growing portfolio of USA-based geoscience projects, with responsibility for keeping projects on budget and on schedule.
The role will be based in our NY office. Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for candidates with excellent technical knowledge in the area of geoscience, who are able to proactively approach potential clients to arrange meetings and present and discuss a broad range of OWC’s capabilities. The ideal candidate would demonstrate their ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead complex projects as part of a global team, and work under their own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Qualified to a degree standard in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, or similar subject.
- 5 years or more of experience relating to offshore foundation development
- Experience of offshore geotechnical and / or geophysical data acquisition
- Experience of the offshore renewable energy industry
- Excellent report writing skills and communication skills, with high attention to detail
Why work for us
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in the rapid growth of OWC and play a part in the energy transition.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jeff Fodiak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link, attaching your CV. The deadline for application is 31.03.2022
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).