ABL Germany (Hamburg) is seeking to recruit a Senior Cable / Subsea Engineer with knowledge and experience in marine transportation and offshore installation of subsea cables.
The position is to be filled ASAP due to recent important wins in offshore wind projects.
The role will consist of undertaking a varied range of Consultancy tasks mainly as Owner Engineer (OE) or Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) in the Renewable sector covering load-out, transportation, installation and repair of cables.
- Lead a project team as a project and/or package manager acting as technical lead in areas of expertise
- Review technical documents (procedure and analyses related to vessel survey, loadout, sea transportation, offshore installation) to ensure that projects are planned and executed in accordance with industry rules and standards
- Attend technical meetings and site attendances with respect to Owners Engineering and/or Marine Warranty Survey Services requirements
- Ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the client contract requirements and timely invoicing
- Provide consultancy advice and expert opinion in the resolution of claims arising during design, installation and repairs of cables
- Collaborate with other disciplines and members of the ABL Group regarding operational and specialist matters
- Be keen in developing new business initiatives as well as take part in preparation of technical and commercial proposals
- Carry out any other job-related duties as required
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture, Electrical, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience and relevant track record in engineering and site operations of subsea cable transportation and installation onboard of a CLV
- Possessing up to date knowledge of international codes of practice, rules and guidelines as well as software used for subsea cable installation
- Enthusiastic team player with a “can do” approach willing to take part in the growth of the company
- Experience of managing project budgets, resources, and schedule
- Able to effectively cope with the workload through planning, prioritizing and efficient delegation of work.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to develop relationships with existing and potential clients
- Technical and commercial understanding with ability to structure marine projects and satisfy different stakeholders
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and readiness for onshore / offshore assignments at short notice locally and globally for periods of time
- Able to produce quality technical reports and assist in preparation of proposals
- Capable of working independently
- Fluent in English. German language skills would be an advantage