In this role as a Scientist and/or Metallurgist, the candidate will be expected to provide technical and surveying support to the Scientist business line in the region and globally, in relation to the issues associated with:
- stability, contamination, fire and explosion during transportation of commodities carried at sea and stored onshore, such as chemical, mineral and agricultural cargoes, as well as fuels and cargoes in containers; and/or
- corrosion analysis, metallurgical interpretation of mechanical testing and advice on corrosion prevention, along with cargo surveys of steel coils, steel plates, aluminium ingots and galvanised steel.
- Under initial direction and guidance, develop the ability to carry out of a range of forensic investigations into cause and extent of damage to metal structures, and to investigate accidents potentially caused by metallurgical failures
- Forensic investigations into damage to variety of cargoes, advising on suitable laboratory analyses to assist in the determination of potential causes of damage, fire and/or explosion
- Assist with the review of technical documents and preparation of scientific reports for our forensic investigations
- Office based but requirements to travel at terminals and onboard ships overseas for conducting surveys and investigations often on a short notice, attending on site to gather evidence for our forensic investigations
To be considered for this role, the candidate should:
- Hold or nearing completion of a PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Speak and write fluently in English for the preparation of complex technical reports
- Have willingness to travel worldwide as required
- Ability to work under high-pressure and with tight deadlines
- Be flexible to working hours
- Be self-motivated and responsible
The successful candidate will be based initially in Singapore for a period of between 12-18 months, before a potential relocation in Hong Kong or Shanghai.
The expected salary is anticipated to be in the range of USD 7,000 per month, depending on the level of the candidate.