Would you like a chance to be part of helping drive the energy transition in the offshore energy sectors? Do you thrive in a diverse and international environment where no two days are the same? Perhaps you are the one we are looking for.
ABL Group, headquartered in London, is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our established and growing design team in Aberdeen. The candidate will support our team to meet the growing demands from our clients for support on a range of brownfield and greenfield developments, decommissioning, and offshore renewables MWS and consultancy projects.
Working as part of the Aberdeen Engineering team, you will be required to perform duties including but not limited to design, review, calculations, and analysis for various elements pertaining to Offshore/Marine transport and installation decommissioning operations.
- Assist in the technical delivery of MWS and marine consultancy contracts as required
- Technical review and verification of procedures, design, and analysis documentation as applicable to marine construction and transportation projects
- Onshore and offshore site attendance for witness and approval of marine operations
- Undertake design and analytical consultancy work (as required)
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for bids and tenders (as required)
- Assist in developing, marketing, and sales of ABL’s capabilities and achievement of new areas of business with particular emphasis on engineering
- Liaise with clients, overseas offices, and other departments in connection with engineering matters.
- Project manage contracts within the Aberdeen business function
- Responsible for deliverables to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to customers within the timeframe, costs, and HSE, and by the quality standards established by ABL Group and/or the Client
- Attend regular internal meetings and external/third-party meetings as required
- Ensure all deliverables are being carried out by ABL Group policies and procedures
The role is based in Aberdeen, and the incumbent has the right to work and reside in the UK. The role is primarily office-based, with a requirement for onsite and offshore attendance and time with clients.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a driven, insightful, proactive, and self-starting professional with good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments. Someone with attention to detail and a high level of numerical accuracy, and the ability to prioritise work. The successful candidate will be well organised, self-directed, and have great interpersonal skills and a global mindset. They will have a strong command of written and spoken English. In addition, you will:
- Hold an Engineering Degree or equivalent. A Master’s degree is desirable
- Have wellfounded professional experience and relevant expertise with marine operations
- Have a sound knowledge of industry standards and codes and the ability to apply standards to structural, naval, and operational documentation
- Possess spatial awareness with the ability to demonstrate skilled knowledge in analysing technical solutions
- Have working knowledge of engineering principles and practices, as well as working knowledge of basic principles of design, systems design, installation, and mathematics
- Have the ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques
- Have strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English
- Have the ability to manage contracts from proposals through execution and closure
- Have an understanding of bidding and tendering activities
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Adrian Torry, Managing Director, Aberdeen by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to GDPR reasons, we only accept applications made via the link provided.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the form below. Remember to attach your application and CV. The deadline for application is 12 June 2022.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).