Scotland and other UK regions
ABL is a dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to grow while maintaining our flexible, small company culture rapidly. Join us and be crucial in developing and delivering offshore wind projects worldwide.
ABL Group company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialized and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering, and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. We have an unrivaled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences and value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
The Onshore Renewables Construction Manager role is a critical role for ABL, OWC, and our clients. This candidate will be active on sites predominantly across Scotland with additional responsibilities throughout the UK and beyond as required.
The candidate will play a critical role within our Owner’s Engineering services, ensuring the continued successful delivery of renewable energy projects for our clients to a very high standard. The focus will be on onshore wind projects; however, supporting delivery of solar and storage construction projects will be required. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Onshore Wind in the UK but will be highly autonomous.
The following are the key responsibilities and duties that will apply as a guide:
- Represent the interests of our client (the owner) to prepare and oversee projects through tendering, financial close, construction, and commissioning into successful operation
- Management/oversight of EPC, OEM, and BoP contractor activities, working under the contract terms to manage interfaces and proactively identifying and resolving issues.
- Working closely with the project manager to flag and mitigate any issues
- Responsible for regular progress reporting, including daily project manager updates, daily logs, weekly and monthly client reports
- Supervision of project commissioning and hand-over, including on-site acceptance tests
- Landowner liaison with regular updates on activities and progress
- Management of changes to processes and schedules, including coordination of all risk assessment and compliance requirements
- Ensure that all activities operate by ABL’s high health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to guarantee the security and wellbeing of staff, sub-contractors, and any other third parties whom our work may impact
- Ensure work and technical quality standards are clear, maintained, and consistent across projects and teams.
- Ensuring the utmost satisfaction of our clients and an outstanding quality of deliverable
While OWC is flexible on location, the successful candidate will primarily be based in Scotland, with work further afield as required. The candidate must have the right to live and work in the country of application.
Qualifications and experience required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- 4+ years of experience with onshore renewables construction activities and demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of and passion for renewables
- Strong understanding of equipment supply and construction contracts as they relate to construction activity
- Broad technical construction knowledge, including schedules, financial control, and QHSE
- Proven competence in managing interfaces between relevant parties
- Qualified to at least degree level in Engineering or relevant discipline
- Exemplary communication and report writing skills
- Experience working at height and familiarity with climbing turbines
Additionally, the following would be favourable:
- Experience as Owner’s Engineer and Independent Engineer/Technical Advisor on multiple renewable energy projects, including wind, solar, and battery storage
- Experience on multiple sides of renewables projects (developer, owner, consultant, etc.)
- Multiple cultural and language experience and capability
- GWO Working at Heights qualification
Why work for us
At ABL we are more than just engineers and managers – our global teams of experts are passionate about creating a sustainable world. Working with us will give you the opportunity to work with the highest calibre people, as well as being part of an exciting journey in a dynamic environment of rapid growth in new markets on exciting renewable energy projects.
Contact and application
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link. Remember to attach your application and CV. The deadline for application is 27 August 2022.
Who we are
OWC an (ABL Group) is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).