Are you a Master Mariner or a Marine Engineer with a passion for the maritime industry? Are you motivated by creating value, and would you like to be a part of a unique, ambitious, and leading global independent energy and marine consultancy? Then this may be the role for you.
ABL Group, headquartered in London, is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
We are looking to hire a Marine Consultant (Master Mariner or Marine Engineer) to join our team of experts in Singapore. A challenging job with lots of opportunities to develop yourself and pursue your career ambitions within the energy and marine consultancy.
As Marine Consultant, you will conduct marine surveying tasks and report on findings as required. While specialising in damage surveys and investigations for hull and machinery insurance interest, our surveyors are also involved in warranty, liability, cargo, offshore project work, bunker fuel disputes, and general consultancy, providing technical support and expert witness to our varied client base including ship owner, P&I Clubs, Underwriters and Solicitors.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure all operations are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures, and policies
- To attend to casualties and determine the nature, extent, and cause of damage
- Estimate costs of repairs and subsequently compile reports for clients
- Responsible for delivery of quality documents within a timeline established by management and clients
- Liaise with clients to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction
- Assist in marketing of ABL Marine and its services
- Assist with QA deliverables and ensure the quality of the product
- Maintain own level of billable utilisation of above 60%
- And other duties as assigned
The role is based in Singapore, and the incumbent must have the right to work and reside in Singapore.
Flexibility towards working hours and willingness to travel (including offshore) and work within a variety of time zones.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a driven and solution-oriented professional with sound technical skills and good decision-making capability. The successful candidate will have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments simultaneously.
- Hold either a Master Mariner (STCW Class 1 COC) or Chief Engineer (STCW Class 1 COC), degree qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience in surveying, ship repair, conversion, or marine consultancy services would be an advantage
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong background in ship operations and/or ship repair
- Good decision-making capability with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Member of Lloyd’s Panel of Special Casualty Representatives or a Chartered Engineer would be an added advantage
- Accurate reporting and the ability to deliver high-quality work on time
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability, and be able to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments simultaneously
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ong Choon Khim, Maritime Regional Director, APAC – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to GDPR, we only accept applications via the link provided.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the form below. Remember to attach your application and CV. The deadline for application is 19 June, 2022.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).