Exciting consultancy work backed by highly skilled engineers (we work as a team who will support you) in the booming and dynamic offshore wind industry in Japan.
OWC, an ABL Group company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialised and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality, innovative and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We are looking to hire a floating offshore wind engineer who has experience in floating offshore (including similar marine construction and shipbuilding) design, and/or project management to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition.
The Floating Offshore Engineer will work as part of a team on design/engineering, industry marketing and overall consultancy assignments of clients’ floating offshore projects. He or she may be expected to take on a PM role to carry out delivery of our solutions to clients in Japan, on time and on budget, working alongside OWC and ABL colleagues in diverse multidisciplinary teams. In addition, the Floating Offshore Engineer’s role includes:
- Preparing tenders and proposals in English, collating all discussions with team members
- Conducting close communication with our clients in Japan in English and Japanese
- Undertaking engineering and feasibility studies for offshore wind and renewable energy projects in Japan and worldwide, with a focus on floating wind
- Preparing and submitting technical notes in English
The role will be based in Tokyo basically, but we accept quite flexible working arrangements including a work-from-home option. Occasional local international travel will be required.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a driven and solution-oriented professional with a supportive and global mindset and excellent people management skills. The successful candidate will have interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a flair for dealing with clients as well as developing business. In addition, you will have:
- BEng, MEng or MSc in naval architecture, ocean engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering etc
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant field of technical disciplines (e.g., offshore wind, offshore oil & gas, shipbuilding or marine construction etc.) on top of another year of general engineering experience
- Familiar with Japanese and international technical codes and standards as well as statutory requirements in relation to offshore wind construction and operation in Japan
- Good interpersonal skills, a good team player with sufficient Japanese/English proficiency to make happen these communication skills in the given work environment
- On-the-job training will be provided to develop analytical thinking, report-writing and engineering skills
Why work for us
The successful candidate will share responsibility for meeting ambitious growth objectives in the rapidly growing offshore renewables business. Our team members in the Japan office and colleagues worldwide will be all close to you and support you to be part of the exciting movement in the dynamic offshore wind industry. This work environment will be the best choice for you!
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Isao Terasawa Country Manager of Japan at telephone number +81 90 6137 9096.
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link. Remember to attach your application and CV.
Who we are
The ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).