Who we are
Join OWC, the global specialist offshore wind consultancy with a local presence. OWC was established in 2011 by a team of experts who had been involved in offshore wind farm construction since the 1990s. Now branching out to onshore renewables and solar energy, our teams have a long-standing experience of developing and realising projects, providing project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence (among others) to accelerate the energy transition and make the planet a better place to live in.
Why work for us
At OWC we are more than just engineers and project managers – our global teams of experts are passionate about creating a more sustainable tomorrow. Working with us will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting renewable energy projects and expand your knowledge. We provide learning and development opportunities that will help you progress your career while working in an agile, collaborative environment.
The Country Manager will report to the Director of Europe and will be responsible for the direction and control of all commercial and operational aspects of the OWC business in Germany. The Country Manager will be responsible for growing OWC’s renewables business in Germany, initially focusing on the offshore wind segments of the market but also develop our hydrogen service offering. Their key priority will be profitable growth and broadening out to offer OWC’s full consultancy portfolio to serve this geographic market. The focus is on organic growth and the business unit will build on OWC strengths & reputation and AqualisBraemar LOC’s ‘in region’ infrastructure & offshore capability. The role will require close co-operation with other OWC offices and teams to mobilise their support and to effect cross-selling where suitable activities present themselves.
The Country Manager will ensure efficient project delivery and service to all internal and external customers, and strive for achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction, whilst setting up the business in the region and achieving organic growth and financial success.
The primary responsibility is to manage the Country commercially and operationally to maximise profitability whilst ensuring quality, performance improvement and customer service delivery.
The role is varied and will include, among other duties:
- Responsibility and accountability for the development and commercial performance of the OWC Germany unit (including setting budgets and strategic planning). The country manager will be expected to liaise with the OWC Business Development Director on the planning and execution of sales and marketing.
- Leadership and direction for the OWC Germany team.
- Working with the existing AqualisBraemar LOC teams in the region to jointly market services where appropriate, share resources as appropriate and cross-sell opportunities wherever possible.
- Delivery of engineering deliverables as part of discrete assignments or supporting projects being delivered to clients in the offshore renewables sector on a global basis.
- Establishment and then maintenance of good client relationships with regular contact and checks on satisfaction regarding service provision and delivery expectations.
- Development and achievement of collective goals (including regional goals) with fellow senior managers and regional support functions.
- Author technical reports and present at conferences, all designed to showcase OWC’s technical excellence. Encourage the team to do likewise.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline related to offshore renewable business
- An experienced manager with commercial experience and clear evidence of managing P&L within a business unit
- Substantial operational experience within a consultancy or utility
- Previous knowledge of the offshore wind sector
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience within the Offshore Wind Industry
- Been responsible and can show a successful track record of identifying and converting opportunities into sales
- Team leading and management skills, with the ability to motivate and communicate well with others
- Proven ability to deliver stretching financial and non-financial targets
- Well organized and self-directed individual with strong business/commercial skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Candidates must be willing to be based at and to work full time in Germany
- Candidates must have the Right to Work in Germany
- The role is office based, but will require extensive travel to site, shipyards, client offices, etc. both in country and within the region.
- Start date: ASAP
- No recruiters or agencies will be considered; direct applications only
- Deadline for accepting applications: 18th December 2021
- Please apply by filling out the online form and attaching your CV