The Tengiz Oilfield site is located along the northeast shores of the Caspian Sea, west Kazakhstan. It is 19 km wide and 21 km long and one of the largest producing oil fields in the world. It has been operated by Tengizchevroil (“TCO”) since 1993.
LOC’s Scope of Work
LOC was appointed as Marine Warranty Surveyor (“MWS”) to the Tengizchevroil (“TCO”) Future Growth Project-Wellhead Pressure Management Project (“FGP-WPMP”) in 2015.
The MWS scope of work related to all marine operations including loadout, sea-fastening, marine transportation, transhipment and offloading of warranted cargo. LOC approved the shipment of 408 large modular cargo items weighing up to 1,800T, and a significant amount of other project-critical equipment.
From a CAPEX and MWS perspective, it is one of the largest projects in the oil & gas industry to date.
LOC began on-site work in 2017 and completed their scope of work at the end of 2020.
- Reviewed nearly 14,000 documents
- Completed over 138,000 work hours without lost time incidents (LTI)
- Issued over 1,500 LOC reports
- Issued over 2000 Certificates of Approval (CoA)
- Attended at over 200 vessel condition & suitability surveys
- Attended at over 1400 loadout / in operations
This project included site surveyor attendance and operations across multiple global locations:
- Fabrication yards and Loadout / In operations: Kazakhstan, Korea, Finland, Bulgaria, Germany, China, Russia, Italy
- Project Management and technical review: UK
Additional Scope of Work
LOC also provided marine & engineering consulting with regards to the transhipment of modules via the Russian inland waterway systems from either St Petersburg or Rostov on Don through to the Caspian Sea.
Photo credit: Tengizchevroil FGP-WPMP