Across LOC, Longitude, Innosea and JLA, our teams are united by a shared commitment to support clients globally with practical and pragmatic solutions, de-risking operations across energy and oceans, and driving energy transition in shipping, renewables and oil and gas markets. You know our teams, but do you know our people?
What do you do at LOC?
I am a Marine consultant and I joined LOC in January 2019. My job varies day to day, but includes the following:
- Conduct 3rd party assurance surveys on vessels – Condition , suitability and safety audits
- Audit Management system for pilot bodies and port operations on behalf of Lloyds Register (under a secondment contract)
- Attend Marine insurance warranty attendances for offshore projects and towage operations
- Conduct marine casualty investigations using my marine and legal qualifications
- Providing real time drone operational videos to ports to enhance marine pilot training
- Survey port tugs and crews for 3rd party operational assurance.
What excites you the most about our industry?
I like this job as I get to meet a lot of mariners and marine pilots . I have worked with ships and ports since I left school and it is always interesting talking to mariners and marine engineers.
What made you join LOC?
LOC is involved with the work I am must trained to do and were very receptive and supportive to give me the structure to develop new port service streams – especially pilot management auditing and the brand new concept to support marine pilotage using an eye in the sky (drone technology) – a new service offering developed as part of LOC’s Digital Services.
What do you do when you are not working?
Watching Rugby union, listening to music , playing tennis, going to the gym and a watching good political thriller TV series or movie.
Photo of Clive about to join a vessel by helicopter to conduct a pilot audit assignment, during the pandemic.