ABL London is looking for a Senior Subsea Power Cable Installation Engineer and Package Manager following recent windfarm and subsea cable installation MWS project awards. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty and Consultancy projects. The role is within our Energy team and the responsibilities include leading a project team and mentoring junior team members; project and package management responsibilities within marine warranty/consultancy projects. The successful applicant is expected to spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable project work.
The position holder will be based in the ABL London office and undertake MWS engineering review, consultancy and site attendances, on behalf of insurers, Renewables companies and Oil & Gas, and offshore contractors on projects.
- Conducting and overseeing engineering reviews on Marine Warranty projects
- Project management: communication with client and reporting, management of resources and deliverables
- Technical document reviews (procedure and analysis related to vessel survey, load-out, sea transportation, offshore installation) including independent spreadsheets and hand calculations, management/technical meetings and site attendances with respect to Owner Engineering and/or Marine Warranty Services requirements.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes, client contract requirements and with timely invoicing
- Preparation of bids in conjunction with the Project Director
- Collaboration with other disciplines and members of the ABL Group regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Provision of consultancy advice and expert opinion in the resolution of claims arising during design, installation and repairs
- Propose and develop new business initiatives
- Mentoring junior team members
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, with experience in the Offshore construction industry in Renewables or Oil and Gas
- MSc / BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or NavArch (or equivalent)
- Solid background in design and installation of Subsea Power Cables, burial and protection.
- Must have Power Cable Installation experience (alternatively Telecommunication cable experience could be considered)
- Conversant in international cable design codes, guidelines and standards such as IEC, ISO, ICCP and DNVGL etc. Use of analysis software (such as Orcaflex, flexcom) would be required
- In date GWO Offshore Training and medical
- Subsea cable transportation and installation track record or relevant similar offshore operations experience. Ideally 8 to 10 years experience
- Should possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines
- Have experience of delivering MWS/Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for project management
- Experience in developing commercial and technical proposals
- Role is mainly office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations to witness operations for periods of time and sometimes at short notice
- Excellent and driven team player, but capable of working independently.
- Able to effectively manage workload through planning, prioritizing and efficient delegation of work.