AqualisBraemer LOC Group (ABL) is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition. ABL Group has the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine engineering and marine operations disciplines.
ABL France, based in Paris Gare de Lyon, is looking for a Senior Cable / Subsea Engineer and a Senior Naval Architect / Structural Engineer fluent in French and English with marine transportation and installation experience. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful applicants will work within our Energy Team in Paris, France with strong collaboration with other ABL group offices worldwide and particularly with our office in Nantes and our headquarter in London.
The positions are to be fulfilled as soon as possible due to recent important wins in subsea and offshore windfarm projects in France and in Europe.
This role will consist of undertaking a varied range of Consultancy Projects mainly as Owner Engineer (OE) or Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) in the Renewable but also in the Oil & Gas sectors covering load-out, transportation and installation of cables, pipelines and subsea structures, as well as general marine and offshore operations: heavy lift, mooring, anchor handling, dynamic positioning, jack-up and vessel inspection.
Naval Architect / Structural Engineer
This role will consist of undertaking a varied range of Consultancy Projects mainly as Owner Engineer (OE) or Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) covering load-out, transportation and installation of fixed platforms, floating units, wind turbines, subsea structures, foundations as well as general marine and offshore operations: heavy lift, towing, mooring, seafastening, anchor handling, dynamic positioning, jack-up and vessel inspection.
Responsibilities include leading a project team as a project or package manager and acting as a technical lead in areas of expertise.
- Project management: communication with client and reporting, management of resources and deliverables
- Technical document reviews (procedure and analysis related to vessel survey, load-out, sea transportation, offshore installation) including independent spreadsheets and hand calculations, management/technical meetings and site attendances with respect to Owner Engineering and/or Marine Warranty Services requirements.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes, client contract requirements and with timely invoicing
- Preparation of bids in conjunction with the Project Director
- Collaboration with other disciplines and members of the ABL Group regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Propose and develop new business initiatives
- Engineer degree qualified in one of the following disciplines; Naval Architect, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience (8 years of experience will be preferable)
- Relevant engineering track record for offshore transportation and installation – including experience offshore during marine operations
- Will possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Excellent and driven team player, but capable of working independently.
- Able to effectively manage workload through planning, prioritizing and efficient delegation of work.
- Experience of managing project budgets and schedule is preferable.
- Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel at short notice abroad and to offshore locations for periods of time.
- Speak and write fluently in English and French.
- Candidates must be legally authorised to work in France.
- If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter with your application.
ABL is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
CV and cover letter to be sent to:
Sr Subsea Installation Engineer
Watch the interview of Hugues Delanoue, Managing Director of ABL France: