UK, Germany, Greece, Poland
OWC is a dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a key part of developing and delivering offshore wind projects around the world.
OWC, an AqualisBraemar LOC company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialised and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. OWC’s core team possesses strong industry expertise which dates back to the first offshore wind farm development in the UK. Since then, the key members of the team have been involved in the majority of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, Asia and the US.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
OWC is looking for senior project manager / package managers to deliver projects and packages across a range of consultancy services. You would work on key projects that are enabling the energy transition and will include managing smaller packages of consultancy work (e.g. market studies or a specific technical study) to taking on a package manager role within one of our owner’s engineering projects. The successful candidate will have strong project management skills and although a strong understanding of offshore wind projects will be an advantage, this is not required if you have transferable skills from a related industry (e.g. marine engineering, wave & tidal or onshore wind and solar). Responsibilities include:
- Representing OWC and building collaborative relationships with our clients
- Managing projects including:
- All project phases from opportunity through to operations
- Management of the project team
- Maintaining profitability
- Invoicing and financial management of the project
- Ensuring compliance with OWCs quality management system
- Acting as a package manager within a larger project including delivering (on behalf of a client within an owner’s engineering package). Typically this would include complete technical project management of a package including design, construction and installation of a package (i.e. WTG, foundations or onshore) as well as procurement and contracting
- Mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Giving technical input to projects in your area of knowledge/expertise
- Producing high quality bids
London (preferred), Bristol, Brighton, Glasgow/Edinburgh, Cork, Hamburg, Athens or Warsaw.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and experience required
The successful candidate will have proven project management skills and be able to deliver scopes of work, including managing complex interfaces, whilst maintaining good relationships with clients and the supply chain. The successful candidate will:
- Be degree educated in engineering or a related field
- Have a successful track record in project management of smaller scopes (ideally in a consultancy environment)
- Have strong relationship management skills
- Be a team player
- Understand the process of developing and constructing an offshore wind farm (desired)
- Have highly transferable skills from a related industry (for those without offshore wind experience)
- Have excellent written and spoken English (other languages a benefit)
Why work for us
OWC want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to learn and progress quickly – we have implemented a system to ensure that everyone can achieve fast, on the job learning. A key part of this is ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to work on multiple projects with different developers, possibly in different countries. This allows you to learn about best practices from a range of different people and organizations quickly.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Contact and application
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link, attaching your CV.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).