Following a succession of project wins ABL London is looking for experienced engineers (naval architects and civil or structural engineers) with offshore transportation and or installation design experience. Experience will include heavy lifting and transportation, jack-up rigs, topsides, floaters, sub-sea construction, marine operations, etc.
Reporting to one of our Energy Directors, the successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) and consultancy projects. The role is within our Energy team and will include opportunities to work on upstream oil and gas as well as offshore wind construction projects.
They will undertake MWS engineering review, consultancy and site attendances, on behalf of energy operators, offshore wind developers and offshore contractors on projects including offshore/marine transportation, heavy lifts, load-out and installation of fixed and floating structures as well as jack-up rigs and subsea installation operations.
They will spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable project work. Delivering value engineering and consultancy into client’s organisations. The remainder is expected to be spent on the preparation of quotations and bid documents and mentoring junior team members.
- Technical document reviews and site attendances with respect to MWS requirements
- Attend client meetings and lead the MWS or consultancy agenda during such meetings
- Working to meet schedule and budget for MWS and consultancy projects
- When managing MWS project(s) you will be:
- briefing project staff, risk management, liaising with clients, technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission
- ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes
- responsible for meeting the project schedule and the management of budget and costs
- Preparations of bids and tender documents to support the business growth
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards); with a good degree in Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- At least five years relevant offshore transportation and installation experience
- Will possess up to date knowledge of loadout, transportation and installation methods, codes of practice, rules and guidelines
- Good understanding and familiarity with key industry standards for marine operations (e.g., ISO, API, DNV)
- Proven experience of delivering MWS/consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for project management
- Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible and medically fit to travel abroad and to offshore locations for periods of time and sometimes at a short notice
- Right to work in the UK is required
- BOSIET together with a valid offshore medical certificate will be an advantage
- SOMWS membership will be an advantage