ABL London are looking for an offshore engineer (Naval Architect / Civil or Structural engineer) with offshore transportation and or installation design experience. Reporting to the one of our Energy Directors. The successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) and Consultancy projects. The role is within our Energy team on Offshore Windfarm projects and you will also be required to work at a package manger level. The senior engineer will spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable project work. The remainder is expected to be spent on preparation of quotations and bids documents and mentoring junior team members.
The successful applicant will undertake MWS engineering review, consultancy and site attendances, on behalf of offshore wind developers and operating companies, and offshore contractors on projects including: Offshore/marine transportation, Heavy Lifts, load-out and installation of fixed and floating structures as well as Jack-Up rigs operations.
- Technical document reviews and site attendances with respect to MWS requirements.
- Meeting the project schedule and budget for MWS projects.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes.
- When managing MWS project(s) you will be: briefing project staff, risk management, liaising with clients, technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission.
- Preparing of bids in conjunction with the other Energy Directors
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards); with a good degree in Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Relevant offshore transportation and installation experience, with Offshore Windfarm foundations/ WTG’s would be an advantage.
- Will possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Experience of delivering MWS/Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for project management.
- Experience of transport and Installation of WTG Components and foundations an advantage.
- Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations for periods of time and sometimes at a short notice.
- BOSIET / GWO Certificate together with a valid offshore medical certificate.
- SOMWS membership will be an advantage.
- The place of work will be London. Other ABL UK offices may be considered.
- Candidates must have the Right to Work in the UK.