Taipei, Taiwan or Busan, Korea
Reporting to the Head of Electrical Engineering and local Country or Engineering Manager, the Consultant will work/ lead electrical and multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, including both OWC and AqualisBraemar staff. The Consultant will provide expert analysis and advice relating to, but not limited to, project strategy, offshore transmission and array systems, electrical equipment, grid interconnection, and power systems studies in a technical advisory role. The Consultant will be involved in project management and business development activities as well.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Work as technical lead on projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Represent OWC as a key domain expert, sharing knowledge and experience to support the wider development of competencies within OWC to enhance overall assignment execution to clients.
- Generate and prospect leads – including attending conferences, seminars and meetings to establish business development leads and to market OWC to prospective clients.
- Follow up on leads to generate new work and independently prepare tenders and proposals.
- Consult on all matters of due diligence, technical studies of power systems, optimization studies, technical problem solving, owner’s engineering, design work and cost-benefit analysis for offshore wind electrical systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for keeping projects on budget and on schedule.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work product.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
- Candidates must be willing to work full time and have the Right to Work in the country of employment.
- Excellent English communication skills and local country language (TW – Mandarin, KO – Korean ) is required.
- The role is office-based with flexibility to working hours. Occasional onsite attendance may be expected.
- Deadline for accepting requirements: 20th November 2021
- Start date: ASAP
- Please apply by filling out the online form and attaching your CV
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to a degree standard in Engineering, Mathematics, or Science, or ideally a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Electrical or Power Engineering. Graduation with honors or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of experience in utilities, infrastructure, power systems, electrical engineering, or energy systems.
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of offshore wind projects.
- Experience of consulting, advising or designing renewable energy projects.
- Experience with power systems studies and software.
- Ability to quickly master engineering software, knowledge of electrical systems and power systems concepts.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead complex projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to provide guidance to clients.
- Good sales and business development techniques.
- Project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of offshore wind farm industry and project managements.
- Project management ability, qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of the offshore wind industry is desirable.
- Knowledge or expertise of power systems studies and use of power systems simulation software such as PowerFactory, PSS/E, ETAP, SINCAL, and/or PSCAD is desirable.