ABL Germany is seeking to recruit a Naval Architect / Structural Engineer with generalist knowledge and experience of marine transportation & installation operations.
The successful applicant will be a part of our growing team in Hamburg and work in a strong collaboration with other ABL group offices worldwide. The role will mainly consist of undertaking a varied range of tasks for Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) and Engineering Consultancy (EC) projects mainly in the Shipping and Renewables sectors covering vessel surveys as well as load-out, transportation and installation of project components.
- Review technical documents (lifting, seafastening etc.) to ensure that T&I projects are planned and executed in accordance with industry rules and standards.
- Carry out independent engineering calculations when necessary
- Ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the client contract requirements and timely invoicing
- Conduct attendances worldwide for project meetings and marine operations (onshore / offshore)
- Collaborate with other disciplines and members of the ABL Group regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Be keen in developing new business initiatives as well as take part in preparation of technical and commercial proposals
- Carry out any other job-related duties as required
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience and relevant track record for marine transportation and offshore installation projects.
- Possessing up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Enthusiastic team player with a “can do” approach willing to take part in the growth of the company
- Experience of managing project budgets and schedule is preferable.
- Able to effectively cope with the workload through planning, prioritizing and efficient delegation of work.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to develop relationships with existing and potential clients
- Technical and commercial understanding with ability to structure marine projects and satisfy different stakeholders
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and readiness for onshore / offshore assignments at short notice locally and globally for periods of time
- Able to produce quality technical reports
- Fluent in English. German language skills would be advantage and desired
Candidates must be legally authorised to work in Germany.