Senior Metocean Consultant
Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in wind energy, onshore, offshore, and floating. OWC offers a global service offering focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
OWC is looking to hire a Senior Consultant with demonstrated knowledge and experience in metocean to lead project and package work across a range of metocean services. This role will work on key projects that are enabling the energy transition. Includes executing various consultancy services and acting as a metocean package manager embedded in a project development team.
What you will be doing
This role will be multi-functional and includes leading the delivery of wind and/or oceanographic campaigns, oceanographic modelling and design criteria definition and further supporting business development and proposal contributions. The successful candidate will play a major role in advancing state-of-the-art in-house capabilities.
In addition, duties include:
- Providing our clients with technical advice related to the development of wind resources and metocean measurement strategies.
- Prepare and manage tenders for offshore and onshore metocean measurement services.
- Manage onshore and offshore measurement campaigns on behalf of the client. As well as independent campaign monitoring, data checks and regular reporting.
- Weather downtime analysis for different scopes, including surveys, transport, installation and O&M.
- Provide preliminary metocean studies for feasibility and early design considerations.
- Package management associated with wind resources and metocean.
- Lead metocean studies from the feasibility phase to detailed design on behalf of the client and support the design process.
- Lead the development of the metocean part of design basis, part A, and address comments from all stakeholders (e.g. Project internal packages, LTA, project certifier, etc.)
- Review metocean study reports as part of technical due diligence projects.
- Represent OWC services and capabilities at conferences to customers and various stakeholders of the industry.
What we are looking for:
A driven and solution-oriented professional with strong analytical skills, better interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a flair for dealing with clients. The successful candidate will have strong project management skills and a demonstrated track record within the offshore wind industry. A good understanding of offshore wind projects is an advantage. In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant and demonstrable experience in metocean, ideally within the offshore wind industry. Candidates with experience in data processing and metocean design criteria development are also welcome.
- Qualified with at least a bachelor’s in engineering or a relevant discipline. A Master’s degree or PhD or additional specialist education in Metocean is a plus.
- Experience with wind and/or oceanographic measurements incl. remote sensing technologies (lidars, ADCPs, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver expertise for multiple clients simultaneously without compromising quality.
- Good English communication skills are mandatory. The ability to produce reports and presentations in English is essential.
What is in it for you?
OWC ensures that every employee has the opportunity to learn and progress quickly – we have implemented a system to ensure that everyone can achieve swift on-the-job learning. The successful candidate will join a busy and dynamic team working with international projects and clients. As part of the ABL Group, OWC offers ample opportunity for the right candidate to grow in the role and make a real difference in projects that are critical to the delivery of a more sustainable future. We offer a competitive benefits package and a flexible, exciting, and supportive working environment.
This role offers flexibility, and work-from-home arrangements are available.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Join us and grow with us.
Send your CV and application to us by 11th Dec 2022
We will be conducting interviews regularly and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application either via LinkedIn or using the form on our Career pages.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).