OWC is a young and dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a key part of winning work.
OWC, an ABL Group company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialised and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. OWC’s core team possesses strong industry expertise which dates back to the first offshore wind farm development in the UK. Since then, the key members of the team have been involved in the majority of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, Asia and the US.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
We are looking to hire a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition.
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will work on engineering and consultancy assignments for offshore wind farm and oil and gas projects on a global basis. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for leading teams to deliver complex geotechnical engineering projects.
- The role is offered on a hybrid working mode, i.e. combination of working from home and office attendance with flexibility to working hours. Occasional travel within Europe and further overseas is foreseen. It is also envisaged that the role will involve offshore work on occasions.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a driven and solution-oriented professional with good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal with clients and assignments confidently and effectively. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and a global mindset. They will have a strong command of written and spoken English. Proficiency in French, German, Polish, Japanese or another language is an advantage. In addition, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (MSc degree is an advantage);
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institutional body
- At least 3 years experience as a geotechnical engineer in the design and management field of geosciences aspects within the offshore wind industry
- Direct working experience as geosciences package manager and or survey manager
- Direct exposure to geotechnical engineering design
- Direct working experience as a geotechnical engineer offshore on vessels or jack-ups, and on offshore wind projects.
- Excellent geotechnical engineering knowledge with experience in managing small teams to deliver projects for clients.
- Ability to coordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Experienced in the scoping, management, supervision and interpretation of offshore site investigations.
- Experience in jack-up leg penetration analyses.
- Ability to undertake scour assessments, pile drivability and leg extraction analyses.
- Good technical knowledge of offshore design and construction.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to provide guidance to OWC clients.
- Good sales and business development techniques and be competent in marketing the capabilities of OWC.
- Capable of seeing new business opportunities and pursuing these with existing and future clients.
- Proficient in the use of software and programming: Matlab, Python, Visual Basic, Plaxis, FLAC3D, GRLWEAP and gINT and general programming.
Why work for us
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in the rapid growth of OWC and play a part in the energy transition.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Contact and application
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link. Remember to attach your application and CV. The deadline for application is 29 July 2022.
Who we are
OWC an (ABL Group) is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).