Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in wind energy, onshore, offshore, and floating. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We are looking to hire a Senior Consultant to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition forward.
What you will be doing.
The Senior Consultant will leverage their existing network to prospect, develop leads, and convert consultancy assignment opportunities. Furthermore, the Senior Consultant will work on wide scope of consultancy assignments for various offshore renewables topics or problems, and guide and train OWC staff on technical due diligence-related issues, valuation approaches and risk. Furthermore, the Senior Consultant will lead teams of multi-disciplined engineers on consulting assignments, responsible for delivery of our scopes of work, in time and budget, including both OWC and non-OWC staff.
Description of the job role:
- Worked as Senior Consultant on projects to deliver optimum solutions to clients within the established timeframe, costs, and quality standards.
- Sharing knowledge and experience supports the broader development of competencies within OWC to enhance overall assignment execution to clients.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and make independent decisions that promote and advance company goals and objectives
- Independently prepare tenders and proposals in alignment with the Head of the Department.
- Consult on all matters of offshore wind topics, such as project development, feasibility, procurement, construction, pre-FEED, O&M, Grid, etc. For instance, reviewing employers’ requirements as part of a due diligence assignment, leading work packages, and advising on early development topics, development, and realization phase projects.
- Responsible for keeping projects on budget and schedule.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with approved instructions, procedures, and policies.
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) to complete due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work products.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
The role is office based with flexibility to working hours. Occasional onsite attendance is expected.
What we are looking for.
A typical applicant will have a good degree, good interpersonal skills, and is a strong team player with a proactive approach. We are looking for an outgoing and pragmatic candidate with a strength of character, attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to prioritise work. The candidate will be well organized, self-directed & insightful, and have excellent English communication and report writing skills. Proficiency in other European languages (German, French, etc.) or Asian languages (Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean) is an advantage.
Project management qualifications and a general understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with a proactive approach.
- Outgoing and pragmatic with a strength of character.
- Attention to detail, high numerical accuracy, and the ability to prioritize work.
- Well-organized, self-directed & insightful.
- Excellent English communication skills and excellent report writing skills.
- Qualified to degree standard in Engineering (or a relevant subject).
- At least 7-10 years of experience working in an engineering/renewables consultancy with large projects, working on offshore wind or renewable-related projects.
- Expertise in one or more typical subject matter areas for technical due diligence, such as wind turbine technology, floating wind, supply chain, electrical, cables, OSS, FOU, WTG package management, transport, and installation.
- Established network of clients for due diligence, ideally on buyer, seller, and lender sides.
- Expert in the use of MS office package.
- Ability to coordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of offshore wind farms with specialist knowledge of relevant offshore wind development and construction area.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to guide OWC clients.
- Good sales and business development techniques.
- Project orientated with a keen interest in and knowledge of the offshore wind farm industry and project management.
- Project management ability, official project management qualification (e.g. IPMA, PMI) is desirable and an advantage.
- Understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance, M&A markets, and regulatory/policy matters).
What is in it for you?
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in the rapid growth of OWC and play a part in the energy transition.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: OWC – The Offshore Wind Consultants (owcltd.com)
Join us and grow with us.
We will be conducting interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Christian Apeah, Head of Independent Engineering at +49 (0) 160 50900 57.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application along with your CV and cover letter either via LinkedIn or using the form on our Career pages.
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).