Would you like to grow your expertise in the Marine Warranty Consultancy world, and are you prepared to take responsibility with a hands-on approach together with a team of experts? Then this may be just the role for you.
ABL Group, headquartered in London, is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger.
Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
ABL Norway (based in Stavanger) is recruiting a Project Engineer & Marine Warranty Surveyor to join a team of engineers and maritime professionals in providing first-rate marine warranty and consulting services to our clients in Scandinavia.
The position offers the opportunity to work on multiple exciting T&I, subsea and decommissioning projects with leading contractors throughout Europe. Our main business line is MWS services, however, we are expanding our consultancy services so engineering design work can be expected.
- Responsible for review and approval of project documentation and marine operations as MWS both onshore and offshore
- Interface with clients to ensure ABL are meeting their contractual obligations and client expectations
- Participate in meetings (HAZOP, HAZID, Interface, and other project meetings)
- Take part in tender preparation and clarification process.
- Manage small projects, prioritising and planning work and time to meet the requirements of projects you are responsible for
- Engage with business development
- Complete engineering studies 3rd party verification and analysis including but not limited to mooring design, sea-fastening design, and stability calculation. Present results in technical reports
This is a client-facing role, requiring project management skills and team leadership. You will also contribute to business development opportunities from conference attendance through to the delivery of quotation responses.
The role is primarily office but a willingness to travel on/offshore is required. The incumbent will have the right to live and work in Norway.
Qualifications and experience required
The successful candidate will have several years of experience and knowledge on onshore civil infrastructure and renewable energy. In addition, you will:
- Be degree qualification in Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering, Marine Engineering, Civil Marine Engineering, Subsea Engineering or equivalent. A Master’s degree or equivalent is desirable Chartered Engineer status or equivalent or working towards is advantageous
- Have well-founded professional experience in marine operations
- Have sound knowledge of industry standards and codes
- Have a good understanding of Marine Warranty Services
- Be conversant with marine and engineering consultancy to the offshore oil and gas markets
- Heavy lift/ T&I operational experience is beneficial (MWS, Contractor or Client-side)
- Have strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English. Norwegian proficiency is a clear advantage
- A driver’s license is desirable
- Experience with ABL Group’s engineering software suite including Orcaflex, Staad FEMAP, Optimoor is beneficial
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Peter Kingsland, Managing Director at telephone +47 51 81 18 00.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the form below. Remember to attach your application and CV. The deadline for application is June 5th 2022.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).