Scotland and UK regions
OWC is a dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a key part of developing and delivering offshore wind projects around the world.
OWC, an ABL Group company headquartered in London, UK, is a specialized and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering, and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. OWC’s core team possesses strong industry expertise which dates back to the first offshore wind farm development in the UK. Since then, the key members of the team have been involved in the majority of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, Asia, and the US.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
OWC is looking for an engineering manager to coordinate and technically lead projects across a range of development stages and geographies. You would work on a range of key projects that are enabling the energy transition, including taking engineering ownership of major projects within OWC. The successful candidate will have proven engineering leadership skills, a strong understanding of the development and construction of offshore wind projects, and an ability to manage complex technical interfaces. Responsibilities include:
- Representing OWC and leading long-term relationships with our clients
- Coordinate engineering activities will all stakeholders
- Manage technical interfaces across an offshore wind project
- Direct and lead a team of engineers to deliver consultancy work for offshore wind projects including:
- All project phases from opportunity through to operations
- Leadership of engineering activities
- Excellence in delivery management
- Prepare and update technical documentation
- Co-ordination, and developing of the OWC supply chain
- Work closely with the project manager
- Ensuring compliance with the OWC’s quality management system and the expectations of our clients
- Generating follow-on work
- Mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Producing high-quality technical bid input
Glasgow/Edinburgh (preferred), London, Bristol, Brighton, Cork
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and experience required
The successful candidate will have proven engineering leadership skills and be able to deliver complex projects whilst maintaining excellent relationships with clients and creating a cohesive project team. The successful candidate will:
- Be degree educated in an engineering field
- Hold chartered status or relevant further professional qualification
- Have an excellent understanding of the key engineering interfaces in an offshore wind project and how these can be managed
- Have a strong understanding of the process of developing and constructing an offshore wind farm
- Have a technical background in a discipline relevant to offshore wind
- Have excellent written and spoken English (other languages a benefit)
- Have excellent relationship management skills and a consultancy mindset
- Be a team player
- Have a successful track record in engineering delivery
- Experience with floating offshore wind (desirable)
- Experience with power to X (desirable)
Why work for us
OWC wants to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to learn and progress quickly – we have implemented a system to ensure that everyone can achieve fast, on-the-job learning. A key part of this is ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to work on multiple projects with different developers, possibly in different countries. This allows you to learn about best practices from a range of different people and organizations quickly.
Contact and application
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link. Remember to attach your application and CV.
Who we are
OWC an (ABL Group) is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).