Permitting / consenting consultant
Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in wind energy, onshore, offshore, and floating. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivaled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We are looking forward to hire permitting / consenting consultant, who will work across environmental, permitting and consenting disciplines on engineering and consultancy assignments for offshore wind farm projects primarily in Germany and potentially on a global basis. In addition, this role will manage various projects and support in positioning OWC as the global renewables advisor of choice. Further, this role will share collective responsibility for meeting our ambitious business growth objective, to double our renewables activity by 2025.
What you will be doing?
The successful candidate will work on key projects that enable the energy transition including managing smaller packages of consultancy work such as, market studies, mapping of consenting process, specific environmental study etc. In addition, the successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Supporting offshore wind site assessment, site investigation and bid advisory projects in Germany and globally within their discipline.
- Will be responsible to prepare technical proposals and reports.
- Advising clients on permitting and consenting schemes.
- Develop targeted new capabilities to support OWC business if required.
- Collaborate, support and evolve with work teams within OWC. Network at all levels within the company, as well as with external stakeholders and act as a representative of OWC at industry conferences, seminars, and events etc.
- Ensure that projects operate in accordance with OWC’s high health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to guarantee the safety and wellbeing of staff, subcontractors, and any other stakeholders.
This role is office based, with flexible working hours and opportunity to travel and work within a variety of time zones. Occasional onsite/offshore attendance could be expected.
What we are looking for:
A driven and solution oriented professional with supportive and global mindset as well as excellent consulting and people management skills. The successful candidate will have better interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and flair for dealing with clients as well as developing business. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant and demonstrable experience in either environmental engineering, naval architecture, civil, structural, mechanical or electrical engineering with a focus on permitting and consenting.
- Experience in permitting and consenting offshore wind projects in Germany could be advantageous.
- Understanding of or experience in BSH requirements and plan approval process as well as, ESG reporting could be advantageous. (Planfeststellungsverfahren)
- Qualified to at least Bachelors in Engineering or relevant discipline. However, a master’s degree or PhD is a plus
- Have a successful track record in project management, at least of smaller scopes (ideally in a consultancy environment)
- Excellent environmental engineering knowledge with a good understanding of offshore wind projects in various stages and their interfaces.
- Good knowledge and experience of the regulatory system for offshore wind in Germany.
- Experience in analysing regulatory systems and presenting the key aspects to project stakeholders.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead workstreams under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Familiar with permitting and consenting issues and able to provide guidance to OWC clients.
What is in it for you?
OWC ensures that every employee has opportunity to learn and progress quickly – we have implemented a system to ensure that everyone can achieve swift on the job learning. The successful candidate will be given opportunity to leverage their knowledge in offshore permitting and consenting industry in Germany and become an expert in the field. Further, the candidate will share a responsibility of meeting ambitious growth objectives in the rapidly growing Onshore renewables business. Our team members and colleagues worldwide will support you to be part of the exciting movement in the dynamic onshore wind industry.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Join us and grow with us.
Send your CV and application to us by 20th Nov 2022.
We will be conducting interviews regularly and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application either via LinkedIn or using the form on our Career pages.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).