Package Manager – Offshore Wind
Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in wind energy, onshore, offshore, and floating. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We are looking to hire ‘Package Managers – Offshore Wind’ to join our team of experts in a dynamic and fast-growing company which is driving the energy transition.
What you will be doing?
The successful candidate will be working as part of a multidisciplinary global team, focusing on supporting projects for the offshore wind industry in Asia. The offshore wind Package Manager will report to the Project Director and will lead the Pre-FEED, FEED, Procurement and Execution phases of offshore wind projects in Asia. You’ll be primarily responsible for Foundations, OSS, WTG, Cables and Electrical package of work.
Further, duties include:
- Providing technical and commercial direction for the Pre-FEED and FEED, and also to the procurement strategy.
- Identify, tender and select suppliers and contractors for the project.
- Ensuring all technical and commercial requirements related to the packages are scoped within the tender materials.
- Leading contract negotiations for each package, working closely with the package team to deliver the key technical/commercial requirements to ensure delivery of the package.
- Accountable for contract administration and responding to contractual matters as anticipated.
- Program management of the relevant suppliers and contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- Conduct technical and commercial reviews of the packages and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
- Work together with other commercial and technical package managers to ensure that the overall offshore wind development is successful and procured and delivered on time.
- Commercial/contractual input will be called upon on interface issues that may arise within and/or between work packages.
- Head project meetings and participate in cross-project meetings
- Ensure high focus on QSHE is maintained throughout the duration of the project
This role is office-based; you will have a defined work location. Some offshore or onsite work could be required in addition to overseas travel based on job requirements.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a candidate with well-founded experience in offshore wind and associated technologies. Ideally, with excellent technical knowledge in a discipline related to the offshore wind package. The ideal candidate would demonstrate their ability to coordinate, direct and lead complex projects as part of a global team, and work confidently under their initiative with minimum supervision.
- At least to degree qualified, Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering/similar discipline or MSc in a relevant STEM subject.
- Minimum of 10 years experience, 3 years of which should be directly in offshore wind development or construction industry.
- Experience in offshore wind and associated technologies.
- Excellent technical knowledge in disciplines related to the offshore wind package.
- Ability to coordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with a proactive approach.
- Outgoing and pragmatic with strength of character.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritize work.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Good English communication skills are essential, Mandarin could be a plus.
What is in it for you?
The successful candidate will join a busy and dynamic team working with international projects and clients. As part of the ABL Group, OWC offers ample opportunities for the right candidate to grow in the role and make a real difference to projects that are critical to the delivery of a more sustainable future. We offer a competitive benefits package and an exciting, growth-oriented and supportive working environment.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Join us and grow with us.
Send your CV and application to us by 30th Nov 2022
We will be conducting interviews regularly and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application either via LinkedIn or using the form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).