OWC is a dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a crucial part of developing and delivering offshore wind projects worldwide.
OWC, a Company part of the ABL Group headquartered in London, UK, is a specialised and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering, and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. OWC’s core team possesses strong industry expertise, which dates to the first offshore wind farm development in the UK. Since then, the team’s key members have been involved in most of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, Asia, and the US.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences and value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it strengthens us. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
OWC is looking for a consultant with a Metocean background to deliver project and package work across various Metocean services. You would work on critical projects that are enabling the energy transition and will include executing different consultancy work or acting as a Metocean package engineer embedded in a project development team. The successful candidate will have strong project management skills. Although a strong understanding of offshore wind projects will be an advantage, this is not required if you have transferable skills from a related industry (e.g., marine engineering, Oil and Gas, wave & tidal). The experience with the Metocean can be manifold and includes wind and oceanographic measurements and expertise with design criteria development or modelling.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide our customers with technical advice related to the development of wind resource and Metocean measurement strategies.
- Support the preparation and management of tenders for offshore and onshore Metocean measurement services.
- Manage onshore and offshore measurement campaigns on behalf of the client.
- Independent campaign monitoring, data checks, and regular reporting.
- Weather downtime analysis for different scopes, including surveys, transport and installation, and O&M.
- Provide preliminary Metocean studies for feasibility and early design considerations.
- Support the package management for the wind resource and Metocean package.
- Contribute to Metocean studies from feasibility phase to detailed design on behalf of the client and support design process.
- Contribute to the development of the Metocean part of Design Basis part A and address comments from all stakeholders (e.g., Project internal packages, LTA, project certifier, etc.).
- Review Metocean study reports as part of technical due diligence projects.
- Giving technical input to projects in your area of knowledge/expertise.
Support or attend conference participation to represent services and capabilities to customers and stakeholders of the industry sector.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor or master’s degree in an engineering field.
- Additional education in Metocean.
- Up to 5 years of professional experience in Metocean, ideally within the offshore wind industry.
- Experience with wind and/or oceanographic measurements incl. remote sensing technologies (lidars, ADCP’s, etc.).
- Experience with data processing would be welcomed.
- Experience with Metocean design criteria development would be welcomed.
- Able to work effectively within a consultancy environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluent in English, further language skills in addition are very welcome.
- Excellent ability to produce clear written reports and presentations in English; and
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
Why work for us
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in the rapid growth of OWC and play a part in the energy transition.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: https://owcltd.com
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Nils Falkenhorst at telephone number + 49 (0) 175 2633 031.
Join us – make a difference and apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to attach your application and CV. The deadline for application is 25 September 2022.
Who we are
OWC (ABL Group) is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
The ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs in London. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).