Do you thrive in a diverse and international environment where no two days are the same, and would you like a chance to be part of helping drive the energy transition in the shipping and offshore energy sectors? Then perhaps this is the role you have been looking for.
OSD-IMT is a specialist ship design house with solid engineering capacity and a track record of over 100 vessels of a wide range constructed to their designs. The company operates in all major marine markets: renewables, maritime, defence, commercial, and oil and gas sectors. It particularly specializes in the new-build design, offshore support and supply vessels, dredgers and dredging support vessels, and marine survey vessels. OSD-IMT, part of Longitude Engineering, is a consultancy specializing in the design, conversion, and upgrade of ships and offshore assets. Formed in 2006, Longitude works in the renewables, maritime, defence, and offshore infrastructure segments and is part of the ABL Group.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marine Engineer to join our established and growing engineering team. The candidate will support our team to meet the growing demands from our clients for support on oil & gas and renewable energy projects.
Working as part of the Longitude Engineering team in London your primary task will be to undertake all aspects of ship’s system engineering on a range of ship designs.
- Ship’s system design, specification, and calculations at different stages of the project, including conceptual and basic design for whole vessels and detailed activities for vessel alterations/upgrades
- Ship’s specifications
- Technical reports
- Machinery arrangements, propulsion and thruster system arrangements, system diagrams, etc
- Familiarity with Statutory and Classification Rules and Regulations and Statutory Regulations as they apply to ship system’s design
- Strengthen and supplement our project management support on design projects
- Customer liaison activities when required
- To provide consultancy to clients or (external or internal) as required
- To manage, oversee or be part of the project- or work teams as required
- Support marketing and sales
- Support training of junior engineers
- Undertake required quality assurance activities
Local and international travel may occasionally be required. It is anticipated that travel will be around 10% of the working time.
The role is based in the UK and could be fulfilled at any of our existing office locations (London, Southampton, Exeter, Newcastle, Dundee or Biddeford). The incumbent has the right to work and reside in the UK.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a driven and solution-oriented professional with good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments. The successful candidate will have great interpersonal skills and a global mindset. They will have a strong command of written and spoken English. In addition, you will:
- Be a Chartered Engineer or equivalent with considerable design/marine consultancy-related experience and/or training; or equivalents combination of education and experience
- Have a solid understanding of a wide range of Marine Engineering aspects
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience within the industry
- Full proficiency in English with the ability to deliver accurate and high-quality technical reports on time
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
Why work for us
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place.
Contact and application
If you have questions, please reach out to Dean Goves, Managing Director, on +44 (0) 2380 206906
Join us – make a difference and apply via the form below. Remember to attach your application and CV. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so please don’t hesitate in making your application.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).