Marine Data Analyst
Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering the deepest pool of expertise across marine and engineering disciplines in more than 300 locations globally.
We have a unique opportunity for a Marine Data Analyst with well-founded technical knowledge and experience in marine analysis, shipping, and navigation management.
What you will be doing.
As our Marine Data Analyst, you will play an essential role by using a combination of your technical experience with maritime data, such as AIS, and mathematical skills to conduct risk and other assessments for a variety of marine use cases. You must have experience in analyzing Marine Data and being quick to learn and develop using various new software packages for calculating probability, filtering, and structuring data.
You will be part of an enthusiastic Maritime team at ABL, delivering and supporting the team as and when required using accident investigating software. This may include:
- Conducting marine risk assessments using GIS packages and other maritime data geoprocessing software.
- Assisting in developing business strategy, marketing, and implementation.
- Assisting with general technical management and development.
- Assisting general case handling of specific contentious cases and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- And other duties as assigned.
The role is based in London, UK, and the incumbent must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
In this hybrid role, you will have a defined work location that includes remote work from home, in the office, and offshore/on-site as agreed with your manager.
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a driven and solution-oriented professional with an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the maritime industry, which means you’ll know how to analyse and present data in a way that can be used to make a difference commercially or operationally to a maritime business. In addition, you:
- Hold a degree in either computer science (or equivalent) or mathematics.
- Must have experience working with marine data including AIS & data analysis.
- Should have a strong knowledge of Databases, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or coding skills.
- Must have excellent time-management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Must be well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Should have strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Programming and/or scripting experience.
- Experience using data for statistical/probabilistic assessment purposes.
- Ability to produce visualizations of results on QGIS.
- Experience with risk assessment software tools, such as IWRAP.
What is in it for you?
The successful candidate will be part of a very distinctive and aspiring Maritime team in London, UK, with strong collaboration with other ABL group offices worldwide. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons together.
Join us and grow with us.
If you have questions about the role or the ABL Group, do feel free to reach out to George Savvopoulos at email@example.com to arrange a call.
We will be conducting interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For your application to be taken into consideration, please be advised that you must submit your application via the form provided on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).