Mauritania and/or Senegal
Are you a Master Mariner or an Engineer with a passion for the maritime industry? Are you motivated by creating value, and would you like to be a part of a unique and ambitious and leading global independent energy and marine consultancy? Then this may be the role for you.
ABL Group, headquartered in London, is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future.
We are looking to hire Marine Consultants (Master Mariners and Engineers) to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition. A challenging job with lots of opportunities to develop yourself and pursue your career ambitions within energy and marine consultancy.
As Marine Surveyor you will be part of our specialist team involved in vessel surveys, technical advice, and consultancy services as well as you will contribute to the development of the Marine and Offshore Operations. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform consultancy services, Marine Warranty, to clients in the offshore oil and gas sector as per our business requirements.
- Conduct inspections and audits (Vessel suitability Surveys, Condition, and Pre-purchase surveys) onboard ships as required by the client.
- Conduct inspections (Hull and Machinery and P&I) of equipment and materials for ships and floating structures and report on the findings as required by the client.
- Take part in technical and procedural reviews and marine study reports covering marine and offshore projects as well as site attendance.
- Attendance of transportation & installation, and other marine operations as required.
- Prepare and submit reports in English based on observations and findings.
The role can be based in Mauritania and/or Senegal, and the incumbent has the right to work and reside in Mauritania and/or Senegal. Flexibility to working hours and willingness to travel within Africa and Europe, with some offshore attendance will be required.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for driven and solution-oriented professionals with sound technical skills and good decision-making capability. The successful candidate will have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability and the ability to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments simultaneously. In addition, you will hold:
- Master Mariner (STCW II/2), Chief Engineer (STCW III/2) or relevant university degree, or equivalent with relevant offshore related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and sea-going experience. Charter Engineer or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven track record in marine operations & consultancy and/or shipping, H&M and P&I.
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Fully conversant with Marine and Engineering Consultancy to the Offshore and Maritime markets.
- Fluent French and English is essential.
- Excellent English writing skills to deliver quality attendance, vessel survey and technical reports.
- A valid BOSIET Certificate and offshore medical certificate will be required.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the form below. Remember to attach your application and CV in English.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).