ABL Germany is seeking to recruit a Marine Consultant to be part of our growing team in Hamburg.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the undertaking of professional marine consultancy services to our industry client base, including but not limited to P&I clubs, Admiralty Lawyers, Ship Owners and Charterers.
- Fluent German and English is essential
- Be keen and pro-active in developing new business initiatives as well as take part in preparation of technical and commercial proposals
- Conduct surveys, casualty investigations and other high-end marine consultancy work
- Provide technical advice, expert witness services and reports
- Collaborate with other disciplines and members of the LOC Group regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Carry out any other job-related duties as required
- Sea-going experience in a senior rank
- Strong professional network in the marine industry
- Enthusiastic, pro-active team player willing to take part in the growth
- Excellent communication skills, being able to develop relationships with existing and potential clients
- Technical and commercial understanding with ability to structure marine projects and satisfy different stakeholders
- Proven track record in shipping and casualty response environment
- Marine T&I experience is an advantage
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Willing to travel with short notice locally and globally for periods of time
- Fluency in English and German is a must to deliver quality attendance, vessel survey and technical expert’s reports
Candidates must be legally authorised to work in Germany.