Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in wind energy, onshore, offshore, and floating. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
We are looking to hire a Junior Offshore Wind Consultant to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition forward.
What you will be doing.
The Junior Offshore Wind Consultant position is a starting-level position within the company. The Consultant will support the existing team of engineers and consultants on various offshore wind assignments worldwide for national and international clients at different project stages. The work will include, amongst others:
Description of the job role:
- Assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of investors, lenders, and other project stakeholders
- Working within diverse, multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and technical staff on due diligence assignments under the direction and supervision of project managers
- Preparation of various consultancy reports and report sections within given project scope and deadlines
- Attending client meetings
- Supporting business development through proposal works
- Support other technical teams as well as project managers on various project management tasks
- Work on a variety of offshore wind projects, including those under development and construction
- Prepare and assist with technical inputs, project-specific reviews, and analysis.
- Report writing and writing of Technical Notes
- Research and development of market-oriented issues
- Ensure all deliverables are done in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures, and policies
- All other tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery
Depending on the candidate, the role may be developed in one of the engineering areas or packages (incl. project management) for offshore wind assignments. The role is office based with flexibility to working hours. Occasional onsite attendance is expected.
What we are looking for.
A typical applicant will have a good degree, good interpersonal skills, and is a strong team player with a proactive approach. We are looking for an outgoing and pragmatic candidate with a strength of character, attention to detail, and the ability to connect this to the bigger picture.
The candidate should be well-organized, self-directed, insightful, and a self-starter, with the ability to prioritize work, good in communication and have excellent report writing skills.
- Academic degree – technical or another, complementary to work on technical due diligence
- Awareness and understanding of technical due diligence requirements for offshore wind projects, infrastructure projects, or its supply chain
- Basic understanding of commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects, including project finance
- Basic knowledge of categorisation and mitigation of risk
- A minimum of 1-2 years of working experience in consulting (preferred) or project management in a professional environment related to offshore wind energy
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge to a diverse range of potential issues and risk
- High proficiency in the English language with excellent English communication skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimum supervision
- Analytical ability with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, managers, analysts, and other technical personnel
- Sales and business development abilities
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products
Prior work experience/internship in an engineering, industrial, or consulting company or experience in either of the following: development, construction, or operation of offshore wind infrastructure projects would be an advantage.
What is in it for you?
The successful candidate will join the regional management team and share a responsibility for meeting ambitious growth objectives in the traditional maritime space and rapidly growing offshore renewables business.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: OWC – The Offshore Wind Consultants (owcltd.com)
Join us and grow with us.
Please send your CV and application to us by October 2nd 2022.
We will be conducting interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Christian Apeah, Head of Independent Engineering, at +49 (0) 160 50900 57.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application either via LinkedIn or using the form below.
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).