AqualisBraemer LOC Group (ABL Group) is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition. ABL Group has the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine engineering and marine operations disciplines.
ABL Paris is looking for a Junior Offshore/Marine Engineer newly graduated to strengthen the team in Paris (2-3 years experience in Offshore & Marine).
The employee will be joining the Paris office (75012), below the direction of the Managing Director of ABL France.
The activity of this office consists in providing technical assistance on offshore projects covering the following fields:
- Marine Renewable installation: Floating Windfarm, Fixed Windfarm, Electrical Substation, Floating Solar, H2 station
- Subsea Cable installation: Power Cable, Interconnectors,
- Oil & Gas Subsea and Surface installation;
- Marine operations: Ship/vessel inspections, Towing, Salvage
The Paris office is a growing entity of ABL and is comprised of 1 Manager, 6 Senior Offshore Engineers, 3 Finance/Admin personnel.
The candidate would be joining this team to assist on the following tasks:
- Review of technical documentation and participate to Offshore Missions to witness and approve the installation phases of offshore constructions (short duration missions of 1-2 weeks a couple of time a year)
The candidate will need to be used to create hand calculation spreadsheet to determine physical properties of several maritime situations. (Based on design rules like DNVGL & Bureau Veritas). This could typically be structural verification of sea-fastening design for offshore use, or design of equipment and operation. The following skills would be required (but not mandatory) Autocad, Orcaflex and any Structural / Naval Architectural software
Candidate will be trained to perform such reviews according to Offshore Standard, however it is expected that candidate will arrive with a solid basis from school / first work experience.
- Provide consultancy services, this may consist in participating to risk analysis, feasibilitystudy, concept development, road map assessment using internal guideline, ABL groupdatabase of experience, engineering knowledge.
- Management and follow-up of site surveyors that ABL France is using on the numerousoffshores projects ongoing world-wide. These personnel are sent at sea to ensure theoperations are performed according to Offshore Standards and good marine practices.This task also includes the record and follow up of technical and HSEQ near miss, incidentand lessons learned.
We are looking for someone really interested in learning offshore technical aspects, someone who is not scared of being highly involved with a team of senior skilled personnel that have their own field of competence, and quickly have responsibilities and build some “offshore experience at sea” and on offshore construction sites. The implication of being sent offshore for ABL, leads to strong understanding of engineering and professionalism.
The profile of the candidate will be a graduate/young engineer with a “start-up company” mentality. He will work and develop his skills in the technical projects but will also work to improve the management of the office from the organisational, financial, commercial and HSEQ aspects.
This position gives a good balance between office work, offshore mission, learning curves with dedicated training sessions.
Other information for the position:
- Background: Structural / Naval Architecture / Mechanical / Maritime / Offshore Renewable,
- School: Engineering school typically ENSTA Bretagne, ENSTA ParisTech, CentraleMarseille, Centrale Nantes or equivalent,
- French/English: Fluent (will be tested during the job interview),
- Locality: Paris 12ème, position based in Paris with 50% of home-office if applicable,
- Starting date: ASAP
CV and cover letter to be sent to: