Longitude Engineering is seeking a motivated Metocean / Coastal Engineer and/or Scientist to join our Metocean and Coastal Engineering team in Genoa (Italy). The candidate will support our team to meet the growing demands from our clients for support on oil & gas and renewable energy projects. As a result, we are looking to grow our Metocean team and looking for people with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the challenge.
The successful applicant will expect to:
- work alongside a dynamic team of engineers,
- contribute to and gain experience across a wide range of metocean engineering and renewable related projects,
- support the offshore installation and design team with Metocean criteria interpretation/definition,
- support in the continuous improvement and optimization of our internal procedures and in-house tools,
- work on international projects in close collaboration with our UK and Singapore offices.
- A Master Degree (MSc or equivalent) in civil/environmental engineering or physics/environmental science or other relevant degree with background on hydraulic/coastal engineering.
- Demonstrated skills and/or interest in either metocean process analysis and modelling (wave and/or hydrodynamic) attained through work experience or education will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- SWAN (or similar),
- Delft3D (or similar),
- MS Office.
Behavioral skills, knowledge, abilities, personal attributes, competencies, and behavioral traits
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to priorities work.
- Ability to work in a structured and organized way.
- High level of proficiency in English language
ABL Group is an Equal Opportunity employer.