London, UK or other global office
Would you like to manage teams of multi-disciplined project managers, engineers, analysts, and specialists, integrating capability and teams across the company globally.
AqualisBraemar LOC Group (ABL Group), headquartered in London, is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Solar. As Head of Solar, you will represent ABL Group to the solar industry, as well as being responsible for associated teams. The Head of Solar is a critical and global role for ABL Group with its various interests in renewables.
The Head of Solar is a critical and global role for ABL Group with its various interests in renewables. This candidate will represent ABL Group to the solar industry, as well as being responsible for associated teams.
As Head of Solar, you will join the management team, sharing a responsibility for meeting ambitious business growth objective to double our renewables activity by 2025. The role will drive the ABL Group solar business and position ABL Group as the global renewable’s advisor of choice.
- Represent solar and its associated technologies, namely utility scale ground mounted PV projects, rooftop, CSP, bifacial, etc., to the global solar industry
- Lead on business development and strategy, driving ABL Group solar activity globally
- Responsible for solar P&L, including meeting annual revenue and profit budgets
- Grow, manage and above all lead our people. It is vital that staff are continuously empowered to achieve their full potential as ABL’s strength is in its people.
- Lead on solar projects, owning quality standards and acting as or appointing a suitable Project Director to manage delivery teams to ensure the utmost satisfaction of our Clients and an outstanding quality of deliverable
- Develop ABL’s solar products to lead in new markets and new (associated) technologies, building new systems through R&D to give ABL Group a competitive advantage
Qualifications and Experience Required
We are looking for a driven and solution oriented professional with comprehensive knowledge of and a true passion for renewables. Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and flair for developing business. The ideal candidate will be pragmatic and flexible with multiple cultural and language experience and capability. In addition, you will have
- Degree Qualified in Engineering or relevant discipline. Chartered Engineer status, or be working towards it is preferred
- c.10+ years of working experience within the industry with a successful track record of managing, coaching and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in consulting and associated business development as well as project management
- Experience as Independent Engineer and/or Owner’s Engineer on multiple projects. Experience of working in a site environment as Owner’s Engineer is beneficial
- Experience on multiple sides of a project (developer, owner, financier, etc.)
- Broad technical knowledge including contracts, yield, grid, planning, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of financing and regulatory mechanisms for renewables
- Membership of relevant professional organisation preferable
Why work for us
We are more than just engineers and project managers – our global teams of experts are passionate about creating a more sustainable tomorrow. Working with us will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting renewable energy projects and expand your knowledge. We provide learning and development opportunities that will help you progress your career while working in an agile, collaborative environment.
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Richard Abrams, Director – Onshore Renewables at telephone number +44 (0) 20 3603 4350.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the link at our website and remember to attach application and CV. The deadline for application is 06.02.2022.
Who we are
AqualisBraemar LOC Group (ABL Group) is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).