Maternity Cover / Potential for permanent contract dependent on experience
Are you a passionate marketeer with three years’ experience in delivering creative campaigns and a curiosity to learn more? Perhaps you are ready to take the next step in your career with more responsibility to create and coordinate a wide variety of external and internal marketing campaigns.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator or Acting Marketing Manager, dependent on experience, to join our hands-on and dynamic group marketing team at ABL Group.
The role can be offered either as maternity cover or as a permanent contract – dependent on experience.
Why work for us
We value our people. Our value comes from our people.
At ABL, our purpose is to be the independent energy and marine consultant of choice. This is only achievable with the very best talented colleagues we can aspire to. We recruit experienced people with a strong background in the renewables, power, and maritime sector to join our team and help contribute to our values – truth, one team, excellence, sustainability, innovation, and trust.
We’re seeking a hands-on marketing professional with a minimum of 3 years of business experience, looking to take the next step in their career to support the group marketing director and the overall marketing function, in the delivery of a unique brand strategy and voice for our global group, with creative input into a consistent content, communications and events’ calendar.
This role is also expected to drive deliverables for internal communications and marketing, supporting the development of a strategy that will ensure internal group-wide audiences are engaged and buy into our group company purpose, mission and culture.
The role will also be expected to drive communications for certain areas of the group, as agreed with the marketing director.
The group marketing coordinator or acting manager will also provide maternity cover for the Marketing Director from October 2022 to May 2023, with the potential for a permanent contract following completion of the maternity cover, should that not be agreed upon at the start.
- Coordinate day-to-day social media communications calendar and delivery of content in line with marketing calendar and overall marketing objectives
- Support in PR planning and delivery, ensuring all major contract wins and strategic wins are covered
- Work with ESG Director to drive relevant creative content suggestions and marketing campaigns in line with our ESG commitments
- Work with HR departments to deliver recruitment-led marketing initiatives for website, social media, and other channels
- Support director in delivery of dynamic digital marketing plan, driving targeted marketing of sectors, services, and regions
- Coordinate regular comms calls with certain parts of the group (group companies/regions) to establish a ‘drumbeat’ of news and marketing priorities
- Keep track of events calendar and coordinate event/conference planning and relevant comms
- Support in the development of regionally-focused and target-market campaigns
- Work closely and manage (during maternity cover) marketing team – marketing assistant and 2x graphic designers
- Support team in execution and maintenance of marketing collateral
- Manage capability statement library creation and upkeep
- Drive internal marketing and comms strategy and delivery:
- Deliver bi-monthly internal newsletter
- Manage group-wide Yammer
- Support in developing strategy for the new and improved intranet
Qualifications and experience required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum three years of experience in a marketing role
- Ideally experienced in B2B marketing and/or as part of a professional service firm
- Fluent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in content creation for social media platforms (Linkedin: a must; Google my business: a must; Twitter: desirable; Instagram: desirable; Youtube: desirable; others: desirable)
- Experience in supporting digital marketing campaigns with exposure to SEO
- High degree of computer literacy
- High degree of professionalism, self-motivation and a want to continue learning and developing
- Ability to work as a team and on your own
- A creative inclination
- High interpersonal skills and demonstrable empathy at work
- Experience in market research techniques is desirable
- Experience in managing others or external stakeholders – desirable
- Experience with CRM systems – desirable
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Katie Tunkina, Group Marketing Manager on +44 7710 592386.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the form below. Remember to attach your cover letter and CV.
Who we are
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).