Norwich or Oxford, UK
Are you fascinated by the earth’s surface and the geospatial data that describes it, and do you want to be part of a rapidly expanding geoscience consultancy working towards the energy transition?
Then this role provides an opportunity to be part of East Point Geo’s specialist geoscience team. East Point Geo has a strong international portfolio of geospatial projects supporting multiple sectors, with a particular focus on the energy industry and a growing number of environmental and landscape restoration projects.
East Point Geo, an AqualisBraemar LOC company headquartered in Norwich, UK, prides itself on the geospatial delivery of geoscience and is continually developing new methods and technologies to bring solutions and efficiencies to its clients. To support growth and continuing innovation, East Point Geo requires a dedicated GIS analyst able to understand and work with the variety of data that are used.
Every member of East Point Geo’s team is GIS literate, and so you will work closely with a team that understands the unique value of what you do and why it is an essential part of delivering successful projects. As a GIS Analyst, you will have the opportunity to help shape the way data are managed and applied in a wide range of interesting and worthwhile projects.
The role will provide geospatial support to East Point Geo geoscience projects and to a wider variety of projects within parent OWC and ABL groups. Day to day technical work will include GIS analysis, charting, data management and data visualisation. There is the opportunity to be involved in innovative applications of GIS as the geoscience team grows.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Geospatial data management, e.g. “deliverable-ready” GIS data, creating and maintaining metadata catalogues and managing new datasets as they are received.
- Geospatial analysis following existing workflows for cable route analysis, spatial constraint analysis, volume calculations and geohazard assessments.
- Charting and figure preparation to a high standard using client templates and creating new templates as needed.
- Ensuring all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies and delivered to clients within the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Maintaining a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work produced, including strong self-checking of deliverables ahead of final review and sign-off.
- The role is available in either our Norwich or Oxford offices, with our project portfolio delivered seamlessly across the two locations.
Qualifications and experience required
We are looking for a good team player with an eye for detail and commitment to self-checking, able to work under their own initiative, and who is capable of adapting rapidly to changing priorities across multiple projects.
- Qualified to a degree standard in Geospatial science or a geoscience degree with a strong geospatial component.
- Excellent technical knowledge of GIS (ESRI essential, QGIS favourable, ArcGIS Online favourable) with a good understanding of geodetics and projections and their relevance to projects.
- Ability to source data from WMS portals, georeference data and prepare ground model workspaces.
- Ideally experienced in working with geotechnical and / or geophysical datasets in GIS and with experience of the onshore/offshore renewable energy industry.
- Appreciation of cartography and its value in producing informative charts and figures.
- Candidates must be willing to be based at and to work full time in the UK
- Candidates must have the Right to Work in the UK
- Start date: February 2022 or thereafter
- No recruiters or agencies will be considered; direct applications only
- Deadline for accepting applications: 3rd March 2022
- Please apply by filling out the online form and attaching your CV