Who we are
Join OWC, the global specialist offshore wind consultancy with a local presence. OWC was established in 2011 by a team of experts who had been involved in offshore wind farm construction since the 1990s. Now branching out to onshore renewables and solar energy, our teams have a long-standing experience of developing and realising projects, providing project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence (among others) to accelerate the energy transition and make the planet a better place to live in.
Why work for us
At OWC we are more than just engineers and project managers – our global teams of experts are passionate about creating a more sustainable tomorrow. Working with us will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting renewable energy projects and expand your knowledge. We provide learning and development opportunities that will help you progress your career while working in an agile, collaborative environment.
The Geotechnical Engineer / PM will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farms. They will be expected to PM offshore wind projects in Japan in time and on budget, working alongside their OWC and ABL colleagues to coordinate multidisciplinary teams.
While the selected candidate will be expected to conduct work relevant to their field of expertise and submit their technical notes in English, on-the-job training will be provided to develop analytical thinking, report-writing and engineering skills. They will also be required to address practical comments relating to good industry practice in Japan and proactively keep in touch with and conduct further (market) research on emerging offshore wind challenges and breakthroughs.
Qualifications and experience required
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as an engineer in the design and management of offshore wind farm site investigations and /or foundations or offshore cable installation engineering, with a focus on geotechnical engineering.
- Familiar with Japanese and international technical codes and standards in geotechnical engineering
- Able to work effectively within fast-growing, diverse international consultancy environment
- Strong technical presentation, report-writing and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with pro-active approach
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work
- Well organised and self-directed
- Candidates must be willing to be based at and to work full time in Japan
- Candidates must have the Right to Work in Japan
- Start date: February 2022 or thereafter
- No recruiters or agencies will be considered; direct applications only
- Deadline for accepting applications: 15th January 2022
- Please apply by filling out the online form and attaching your CV