New York or Boston, USA
OWC is a young and dynamic company with the backing of an established parent company. This has allowed us to achieve rapid growth while maintaining our flexible, small company culture. Join us and be a key part of developing and delivering offshore wind projects around the world.
OWC, an ABL Group company with offices globally and headquartered in London, UK, is a specialised and globally focused consultancy offering project development services, owner’s engineering and technical due diligence to the offshore wind industry. OWC’s core team possesses strong industry expertise which dates back to the first offshore wind farm development in the UK. Since then, the key members of the team have been involved in the majority of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, the USA and Asia.
Do you identify with the skills diagram above? Do your skills and experience place you somewhere between a geotechnical engineer and an engineering geoscientist?
OWC USA is looking for in-country support for geoscience-related affairs, supported by and as part of OWC’s global geoscience team. Technical work will include execution and delivery of geotechnical engineering and/or engineering geological input to work on USA-based projects as well as support and input to work on other global projects. The consultant will also support the process of developing OWC’s local geoscience presence, which will involve business development and project management as well as technical project work.
- Work as a technical specialist on project work to lead USA-based geoscience projects
- Work as a technical specialist on overseas project work in support of project leads from other parts of the global OWC team
- Follow up on geoscience-related leads to generate new work and prepare tenders and proposals with input from the global OWC team as required
- Support business development efforts, present capabilities to clients, and attend conferences and seminars to establish business development leads
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work produced
- Support the project management of a growing portfolio of USA-based geoscience projects
- Report primarily to local line management, but also maintain close contact with the global OWC geoscience team coordinator
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and experience required
The successful candidate will have proven geoscience skills and will have experience working in the offshore renewables industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified to a degree standard in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, or similar subject
- Have 5 years or more of experience relating to offshore geotechnics, geoscience or geology.
- Have experience in the offshore renewables industry
- Have excellent report writing and communication skills
- Have high attention to detail and the ability to check own work and the work of others to ensure a high standard of quality
- Be project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of the offshore wind farm industry
- Be Proficient with standard Office software, specifically MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint
- Be able to work under own initiative with minimum supervision, but also to work as part of a global team, contributing to support and resource requirements as necessary
- Be outgoing and pragmatic with strength of character
- Be well organised and self-directed
- Have excellent written and spoken English (other languages a benefit)
Why work for us
OWC want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to learn and progress quickly – we have implemented a system to ensure that everyone can achieve fast, on the job learning. A key part of this is ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to work on multiple projects with different developers, possibly in different countries. This allows you to learn about best practices from a range of different people and organisations quickly.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here.
Contact and application
Join us – make a difference and apply via this link. Remember to attach your application and CV.
Who we are
The ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).