An exciting opportunity to join a professional global consultancy business at a time of significant change and growth as a Finance Manager (Europe) at a senior level, based in the heart of the city.
This role will report to the EUAF Finance Director, working collaboratively to produce a high-quality finance service to the organisation, with focus on ensuring technical accounting is accurate and business partner with commercial stakeholders, focussing on strategy and various project work.
The post holder will have a varied and highly recognisable role in the business. Ownership of the reporting for 9 small entities plus the supervision of another 3 and provide strong financial analysis and forecasts.
Key Accountabilities & Tasks
- Month end close and preparation of management accounts (European entities)
- Provide clear P&L variance analysis in the monthly management accounts
- Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Preparation of journals for adjustments at month end
- Posting and calculating prepayments and accruals, providing supporting schedules
- Monthly profitability review – investigating any negative revenues
- Monthly and weekly cash flow forecast preparation
- Monthly/Quarterly revenue forecasting for all entities
- Review VAT returns and become first point of contact for any VAT related audit queries working along with the local finance advisors.
- Work with the EUAF Finance Director on Annual budget and plan process, weekly P&L/monthly Dashboard reporting and closely monitor WIP, DSO for the business, escalating and resolving and issues with Director
- Capex reporting/monitoring
- Ensuring all intercompany balances are agreed and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Other ad-hoc tasks
- Support EUAF FD with streamlining accounting processes across Europe/Group
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-finance managers
Related Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Fully Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) (2 to 3 years)
- Excellent communication skills and experience in building rapport at all levels
- Solid understanding of current IFRS and accounting standards
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Commercial Mind-set
- Strong Business Partnering skills
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Assertive but personable attitude
- Languages (English & another European Language an advantage)
- Systems experience (NetSuite, Power BI)
- Project Accounting