New York Metro area or Houston, United States
Do you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, are you motivated by creating value, and would you like to be a part of a unique and ambitious leading global independent energy and marine consultancy?
We are looking to hire a Director of Marine Civil Engineering to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition.
The successful candidate will join the regional management team and share a responsibility for meeting ambitious growth objectives in the traditional maritime space and rapidly growing offshore renewables business.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: Ports & Harbors Engineering Consultants – ABL Group (abl-group.com)
As Director of Marine Civil Engineering, you will be responsible for driving our ports and terminals consultancy practice in the Americas region. A major part of this will involve providing technical support and risk engineering to insurers, asset owners and developers.
- Technical repair assessments and estimates of port, terminal, and fixed object damages (bridges, terminal cranes, bulkheads, dolphins, jetties etc)
- Build on current client base in the insurance, legal, shipping and renewables market
- Identify and bid on terminal and port consulting projects the group can work on
- Collaborate with our team of Naval Architects, Master Mariners, and geotechnical engineers on port risk assessments
- Consulting on port upgrade requirements for offshore wind development
- Recruit additional civil engineers to the team and grow the business line
- Support and evolve with other business lines, teams and staff in the ABL Group, networking at all levels within the company, as well as with external bodies and acting as an ambassador for ABL at industry conferences, seminars and industry events
The role can be based in the New York Metro area or Houston, and the incumbent has the right to work and reside in the United States. Local international travel will be required (to meet clients in international hubs) and to attend casualty inspections. Ability to travel at short notice is necessary with technical work on an urgent basis in cases of damages occurring. It is anticipated that travel will be around 20% of the working time.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a driven and solution oriented professional with a supportive and global mindset and excellent people management skills. You will have well-founded experience from the consulting environment, and flair for dealing with clients as well as developing business. In addition you will have:
- Degree qualified; Bachelor or master’s in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in construction /project management of civil projects with a focus on waterfront / harbor infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience on multiple projects in the practice area with demonstrated project management and report writing skills
- Broad technical knowledge of structures in the marine environment
- Professional Engineer (PE) in the relevant discipline
Contact and application
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact John Walker, Managing Director at +1 917 392 0463.
To apply please send a covering email and CV to:
Group Talent Acquisition Manager
The deadline for application is 31st of January 2022, however we will review applications on an ongoing basis so please don’t hesitate in making your application.