Consultant Marine Surveyors – Greece
Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering the deepest pool of expertise across marine and engineering disciplines in more than 300 locations globally.
Are you a Master Mariner or Marine Engineer, with a passion for the Maritime Industry, and would you like to be a part of the leading global independent energy and marine consultancy? Then this may be the role for you.
We have a couple of exciting opportunities for Consultant Marine Surveyors to join our team of Maritime experts in technically supporting all marine casualties of any type and size worldwide.
What you will be doing.
As our Consultant Marine Surveyor, you will manage a variety of marine consultancy including but not limited to vessel surveys of all types, accident investigation, expert witness and litigation support, desktop consultancy projects, and risk assessments. You will also be involved in the delivery of business to provide sufficient surveyor coverage in the geographic area of responsibility and consultancy services. In addition, you will:
- Attend onboard vessels to carry out surveys on behalf of clients including but not limited to:
- Condition and Suitability Surveys
- Pre-purchase surveys
- On / Off Hire surveys
- Industry standard audits (OVID, CMID, etc.)
- Layup & reactivation surveys
- Attend casualties and determine nature, extent, and cause of damage.
- Estimate costs of repairs and subsequently compile reports for Clients.
- Assist in business development activities including the promotion of ABL Maritime and its services.
- Assist in organizing contract staff to conduct surveys on behalf of ABL.
- Assist in the completion of Marine Warranty Service Contracts.
The roles are based in Piraeus, Greece and the incumbent will have the right to work and reside in Greece.
Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as readiness for onshore/offshore assignments at short notice locally and globally for periods would be required.
What we are looking for.
We are looking for driven and solution-oriented professionals with sound technical skills and good decision-making capabilities. The successful candidates will have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability, and be able to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments simultaneously. In addition, you will:
- Be a qualified Master Mariner (STCW II/2) or Chief Engineer (STCW III/2) COC.
- Command experience or having served as Chief Engineer is an advantage.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience within the Maritime Surveying and consultancy industry or Technical Ship Management.
- Be knowledgeable and have experience with vessel dry dockings, machinery damage, and repairs.
- Have previous experience working with Marine Insurance and Admiralty Law is an advantage or previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- OVID and/or CMID surveyor qualifications applicable experience (salvage master, SCR, pilot, etc) is an advantage, but not a requisite.
- Fully conversant with marine and engineering consultancy to the offshore oil and gas markets is an advantage.
- Have strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English and Greek language.
What is in it for you?
The successful candidates will be part of a very distinctive and aspiring Maritime team in Greece with strong collaboration with other ABL group offices worldwide. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons.
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: Maritime Shipping Consultants – ABL Group (abl-group.com)
Join us and grow with us.
If you have questions about the role or the ABL Group, do feel free to reach out to Maria Dragoumerli, Country Manager – Greece at +30 210 429 2690.
We will be conducting interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For your application to be taken into consideration, please be advised that you must submit your application via the form provided on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Who we are.
ABL Group is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime, and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine and engineering disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 62 offices in 38 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
The ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).