- To manage the roll out, implementation and ensuring compliance of Group policies, procedures, guidance and instructions withinthe EU & AM region.
- Ensure compliance to ABMS / ISO9001 / ISO45001/ OHS legal and other requirements are observed throughout the Region.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Ensure effective rollout and implementation of Quality, Health, Safety and environment (QHSE) policies and procedures as communicated by the Group QHSE Director / RMD / Business Line MD. Lead the implementation of initiatives and programs aimed to inculcate ABL’s commitment to quality, health, safety and environment.
- Ensure OHS legal compliance for the region and establish & implement procedures, where required.
- Monitor supplier / subcontractors at ABL premises, briefed of requirements and review / monitor their performance as required.
- Undertake QHSE adherence and performance monitoring, KPI reporting, risk assessments, legal compliance, co-ordinate safety committee meetings, management reviews, assist with the preparation of QHSE system internal and external audits, plan and undertake customer feedback surveys.
- Report all client compliments, client complaints, accidents, incidents and near-misses are to the Group QHSE Director / Regional QHSE Manager / Country/General Manager and relevant line management and assist with investigations, implementation, follow up and close out of corrective measures. Investigate incidents, complaints, etc.
- Successfully follow up and close out audit actions, corrective and preventive measures, opportunities for improvement and areas of concern.
- Assist Bid Leaders and Project Managers with the preparation and implementation of Contract Reviews, QHSE Plans, Risk assessments, etc. when required.
- Ensure the required QHSE Induction and other safety training are delivered to all staff / subcontractors and records of this maintained up to date.
- Monitor implementation of group / regional objectives and timely reporting of QHSE KPI’s to the RMD & QHSE Director.
- Ensure safety inspections of the regional offices are completed and all OHS requirements applicable for ABL locations as per WSH Manual have been established and implemented.
- Emergency response arrangements for the regional offices – fire drills organized, desktop emergency response reviews held, first aid, etc. implemented. Nominate house safety officer / fire warden / nominate trained first-aider for the regional offices.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to working hours and willingness to travel within the region.
- Technical Degree / Diploma or equivalent
- QHSE Internal or Lead Auditor Training or equivalent auditexperience in marine and offshore industry
- Experience in, and knowledge of, Quality & HSE systems,practices and procedures, current legislative requirements.
- Audit experience
- Background in the Marine / Offshore Industry
Technical skills, knowledge and abilities
- Knows the marine / offshore industry
- Experience in delivering workplace training
- Good team player
- Self-motivated, committed and energetic
- Innovative thinker and contributor
- Concise and clear report writer
Behavioural skills and personal attributes
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels within theorganization both autonomously as well as part of a team
- Proactive and insightful
- Results focused and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure